4k Screenshots - Beautiful game

pommel strike of death

5 Likes

Why noone screenshoted the Fireflies at night?

They are shyly and unphotogenic…

2 Likes

I remember I have found a field, with lots of them , near to spawn and not in a forest. MAybe they would fit in a timelapse video

I have tried many different ways to capture the fireflies, it just never looks as good as actual play.

I realy like how to night realy feels like a night, I never seen this realistic night in a game before, maybe it depends on your monitor, becouse on mine I was barely able to see, but it was beautiful, but at my friend screen, the game turned black xD and without the torch you wasnt able to see a thing, I told him to raise gamma or brightness on the monitor , but he was like no! this is the normal, black is black on my ips. You have to use the torch at nights xD

Also it would be nice to see a full moon light at the forest, it would be epic if the moons shape would change and the lightning would depend on it :smiley:

I tried to make a 4k video

At the end you can see theese bugs, but yeah its not that good like ingame :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

is that a duck face?

2 Likes

Its the face I make every time a new update is released.

2 Likes

Thought I should share some screenshots I took in a new windmill farm outside the map limits :smile:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think this farm was not present in the 0.4 alpha.

4 Likes

Huh, looks good. Here is the real deal.

4 Likes

Nope this was not in 0.4 nice find!

1 Like

at first I thought: “wow the game looks really good” :smiley:

5 Likes

I was thinking “Hey this new global illumination looks pretty good indeed”. Then I realized it’s a photo. :smiley: The only thing that truly gives it away are the trees (and maybe the ground details). Vegetation is just so random in real life and has such a complex geometry, the leaves are all somewhat transparent to sunlight… It’s hard to recreate it in-game I guess. I give it 10 years more to achieve perfection!

1 Like

Leaves are not transparent but they are all bouncing the light onto each other. Search something like Vray tree, you can see that it can be done but at a huge rendering time lmao.

3 Likes

Thank you for the Powney @McWonderBeast :smiley:

8 Likes

awesome <3 :smiley:

2 Likes

Hahaha thats awesome man!

1 Like