4k Screenshots - Beautiful game

That might be some hardware problem. I haven’t noticed basically any texture pop-up, not even in the vids posted on youtube I’ve seen. The game looks absolutely gorgeous in motion for me (including the motion blur). (running 50-60 fps on very high, GTX 780 Ti). Or are you referring to the grass draw distance?

1 Like

Both, and im running the same setup. its only in rare instances and ive been trying to recreate it to record it but I haven’t had time.

Of course my graphics card is much worse than a GTX 780 TI. But the problem is not texture pop-ups or the view distance in general but the inhomogenity. There is for example higher grass visible while lower grass exactly besides that pops-ups when you walk a bit towards it. That’s pretty weird and I haven’t encountered that in any other game I know. It would make at least sense to give every object a certain view distance in which it isn’t shown at all or shown with less polygons and textures. But obviously there are different view distances for various objects and various forms of vegetations and that makes the whole picture very unsettled in motion.

My system:
Win 8.1 Pro
Xeon E3-1230v3
8GB RAM
Radeon HD7870 2GB OC
Catalyst 14.9 Beta

I see. Well, this might be just a matter of taste. Of course it is necessary to draw more distant objects in lower detail, and the heuristics is to have a larger drawing distance for big, important objects than for smaller objects. And each object has different LOD models as well. Higher grass is thus visible further from the camera, compared to smaller weeds. There are many compromises that one can notice, and they are the consequence of the limitation of the current hardware. I personally did not find this distracting in this game, and would definitely not say that the game looks much worse in motion. On the contrary, the game handles this very well in my opinion.

1 Like

Easter egg behind the map ?

This is that mysterious man on the end of the road

3 Likes

3 Likes

How did you do that?

Propably he spawn that sword in Cheat Engine using Dissect data/structure
If you have ID of the Bow you can follow that adress and find ID of the sword

I already found it: wh_cheat_additem 05 gives you a bastard sword, which you can shape like in picture.

Thx Man ! :smiley: now im gonna kick somne asses

too much drinking

in your face !

2 Likes

It’s beautiful, cannot wait to play it

It’s beautiful as long as you’re standing still, but since you cannot walk and only run or fast forward speed run, it looses the beauty and immersion as soon as you start moving.

open your console and add this.

r_motionblur 0

Pretty Pretty through the whole Play.

It isn’t 4k but i love the womens in KCD
They looking not perfect atm but they are beautiful

I would like to speak with the miller’s daughter…
Can’t wait to see her great model on my display with own eyes! :blush:

3 Likes

funny you say that. her model(from livestream presentation) is in alpha, but she is missing eyes when you speak with her.

1 Like

what? where she is? tell me that, immediately :smile: joke!
No you don’t need to do that… if I’m honest
it will make me crying if i see her without her full beauty :sunny:
It would be cool to give some womens a kiss or get some kisses from them :blush:
on the cheek or hand. I am Knight in the game and can’t marry :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you will mary a girl in some other act. Maybe your suzerain will decide who you are going to marry. :smiley:

1 Like

No my only love is to my master, racek kobyla :blush: :smile:

1 Like

Well, I don’t agree. I rather have less objects than popping up objects when walking/running. Texture/object pop-ups are imo one of these issues that can really ruin any scenery no matter how good looking it is when you stand still.

Take for example Gronkh’s video. You can see A LOT of vegetation pop-ups even 10-20m before you and that is imo NOT acceptable. If you don’t have the hardware to render that many objects you should reduce their density instead of cutting everything out that is more than just 10-20m away. I rather have less vegetatin in general but everywhere instead of a lot of vegetation but only directly in front of me. That’s great for screenshots but horrible for really playing a game.

Maybe it’s just an issue with the settings yet but aren’t we supposed to give feedback how the game runs on our systems? Imo the game itself runs well but the technical execution could be improved like here with vegetation density and especially how it scales with hardware.