A few questions about the game

So I just found out about this game, and I am already planning on backing it, but since I’m a huge Role playing and medieval history fan, the story and historical accuracy are very important to me and since i could not find the information i needed on the wikis i decided to open this thread.

Is it possible to start the game as a Cuman rider or are we forced to play as a Bohemian peasant?(not that there is anything wrong with it)

Is the game based on the 1400s? how historically accurate is the game going to be? I mean is it a 100% simulation or a fantasy timeline based on real history? I ask this because i want to know if we can interact with my favorite factions, Novgorod and the Golden Horde

Also is it possible to leave the bohemian lands and visit small parts of the neighboring kingdoms?

Hello illidan and welcome to our community.

Your questions are quite reasonable, so I will try to answer them.
The game ist quite historical accurate, not 100% but we try to come as close to history as we can. But we have to make some compromises then and now. For example bigger doors, because the animations for characters to duck under every doorframe would be a bit much of effort here. And there are also some smaller choices in game design, to keep the game fun and playable as a RPG, for example healing potions. We don´t want to keep the player in bed for month in the game, because he was injured in a fight, this would be no fun at all.
But it should be one of the most accurate popular medium you would be able to find about medieval ages.

You will play as a fixed character, as Henry, the son of a blacksmith from Stříbrná Skalice. He will have his own background story and you will to not be able to change the character or play as a Cuman rider. So yes, you are a Bohemian peasent in the game.

The game takes place in summer 1403, and as I said above, the game is about history. So it will not be a fictional landscape, it will be a reconstruction of a real life area near prague in nowadays czech republic. With real towns, cities and castles.
And it will be about real events during this time. As King Sigismunds mercenaries, the Cumas where raiding the countryside. The Golden Horde or Novgorod don´t takes place in the story here.

You will not be able to visit parts of other kingdoms, and also not the whole kingdom of Bohemia. It is an area around Sázava.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your detailed answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will NOT be able to.

1 Like

Yes, thank you. What a bad kind of typo. I missed the most important word here.