ACTs I have questions about ACT 1

What’s the difference between those acts, also hows the game now? Will ACT 1 be a full complete game or part of a game? Will it kind of be like a series of Games Like Elder Scrolls I , II, III, IV, V??? Or will it more like be where Act 1 is part of a game or will it be a full game like one of the elder scrolls as part of a series?

Its going to be a full game, the story will carry on to Act II, and finally Act III I’m fairly positive. You should rather compare it to, say, the Mass Effect trilogy.

What I am most interested in is if it’s like Mass Effect where you import your character into the next game (meaning, your choices/decisions, etc. carry over into the next game).

2 Likes

Original plan was to publish one huge game with 3 acts but had to be split because of complications with investor. But it has been said many times that you should feel that the story is completed after finishing first act (30+ hours). Next acts should provide further developments in story and I expect you will continue at the point where you have left by the end previous act (your character and decisions you have made will carry over). But I have not see this last bit confirmed anywhere.

Hmm… It would be nice if this was one big game… I think I’m gonna buy baron today because also it’s nice to get it on Steam. Does it auto update through steam as well?? So basically I’m hearing to expect a full game kind of like Oblivion but with a sequal like Skyrim is to Oblivion kind of.

Yes but don’t get your hopes up sadly the developers are scared they’ll even release the other two acts from what I’ve read and seen :’(

Hmm the impression i got was that they aren’t worried they wont release future acts they just cant guarantee it. If this game sells well (and i believe it will) then they shouldn’t have too much of a problem creating act 2 and 3. But i could be wrong.

3 Likes

Even from the last update video Dan was talking about some of the quests they’re writing up might not make Act 1 so they’ll probably get pushed to Act 2. The plan definitely sounds like the game doesn’t end with Act 1 and they’re hedging their bets that act 2 will become a reality. Each will be a stand-alone title though linked together by the story, but with full amount of quests, playability, etc so as others have been saying seems more like sequels rather than splitting one game into three.

I’m gonna be saddened if they don’t have the 2nd and 3rd act

i would be too. but honestly with how much press they’ve gotten and there being a serious void of games like it i’m anticipating act 1 to do really well.

Me too. And i really hope warhorse becomes a big game developer after this. This is there first game and its one of the best fame ideas I’ve seen with the best programs and systems such as their new one of a kind clothing system.

1 Like

why would they not do act 2 and 3 ? simply is not a current reason why they shouldnt do it . the only cause they would stop them is money which im sure after release they shouldnt have any worries as long as they advertise properly

I recall Dan saying Act 2 ought to be released a few months after Act 1, and probably Act 3 a few months after Act 2.

So Act 2 will probably definitely be released, while Act 3 might get the axe if their investor decides that sales were not good enough to continue supporting them.’

Dan has said in videos that this being a AAA game, budget is probably around 8-10 million. The investor has already given 1.5 million up front, and crowd fund has supplied almost 2.5 million. So that’s another 4-6 million from the investor. This is a czech billionaire, I believe, so 4-6 million is probably like 100 bucks to me. I have a feeling that all three acts will be properly funded.

The game will probably make enough money since it’s being released on PC, X1, and PS4. They need to sell around 200k copies. Far Cry 4 sold 6 million copies in its first year alone (I use Far Cry 4 as an example as its an open world game that isn’t as popular as GTA or Skyrim).

So they have the potential to easily double or triple their investors money, in addition to making a nice profit themselves.

Are you sure they didn’t say they would release them a year apart thats the impression i got.

I’m very certain he said Act 2 would come shortly after Act 1. He stated that this would be the time people might be finishing up with Act 1. He specified it’d be a couple months as opposed to a year or whatnot.

I will try to find the video, in case I am wrong, but this is how I remember it. I’ve watched every video that is on their YouTube channel. This where I would have received my information.

Now that i think about it i do think he said 6 months not a year my bad.

No he said that there will be aprox 10 months between them, I rather have a polished Act 2 than a rushed one, which might have happened if they were with a shitty publisher who’s only goal is money !

1 Like

Maybe he said 10 months and I’m remembering incorrectly. I will try to find the video though, unless you know which one it is specifically.

But shortly means at least 9 Months… :slight_smile: that’s what we said! :slight_smile: There need to be some time to work on it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well then, there we go :smile:

Then my point still stands… if sales are abysmal, then the investor might stop financing, and Act 3 definitely, and maybe Act 2, will not be released.

I may be 100% wrong, and quite frankly I’d err to that being the case (haha), but I believe they’d only have to sell 200-300k copies. That’d put them at a 8-10 million, give or take, profit (18 million in sales). Not a big ROI for the investor, but enough to ensure Act 3 is finished.

KCD will be compared to Skyrim, whether they want it to or not, because there are a lot of similarities. Skyrim for the 360 sold 8.35 million copies, PS3 6.06 copies, and PC 3.68 million copies. A whopping 18.09 million copies sold. That’s over a billion dollars in sales.

KCD just needs a very small percentage of this to ensure Warhorse not only finishes Act 2 and 3, but goes on to make KCD 2 or other games. I have a feel they will sell, at minimum, 1 million copies.