Alchemy Dedicated Bug thread

So I have seen several posts experiencing the same issues I have had with alchemy since 0.3 update, and I was wondering has anyone successfully used the alchemy bench since the update?

I have tried several times and in different ways to get it to work but it always fails to work.

One time I got a [TUTORIAL] dialogue option in which Henry says that he would like to see how the herbalists makes the potion.

She responds by asking if you have gathered the ingredients, by replying yes Henry says I got them here the dialogue ends and nothing Happens.

Herbalists routine is from then on broken.

I had to speak to the old duck a few times, but eventually she walked into her hut and once in there I was able to initiate the tutorial.

Haven’t had a second crack at it yet, but it did seem a little buggy.

At 0.3 you must do the tutorial before you have access to the table.
The first time I played 0.3 the herb woman sat down after the dialoge and nothing happend (no access to the table).

Normally she goes with you into the hut and gives you exact instructions how to make the potion.

After this you have access to the table [E]

Afterm a few more attempts I finally got it done.

It appears after the first time you have everything you just have to wait a bit for her to get settled in (took two minutes of her sweeping before she went into her hut).

Allot of the quests seem to break if you don’t follow them within a set parameter. As in if you do something out of order the whole thing breaks.

1 Like

The recipe for the archery potion is not correct.
You get a “Unknown potion”.

–>
After you throw the grounded St. Johns W. into the cauldron, you have to draw the potion.(Not turn the hourglas before!)
Now you get the archery potion… :smile:

1 Like

I have same problem. When I have Tutorial and I have all ingrediences, now dialog end and nothing happens.

I plan on making a video tutorial when I get a free moment.

After the dialogue ends the first time do not interact with her again.

Go stand in front of the alchemy table and wait, it may take a minute but the option to interact with it should popup.

This time I asked three times for the tutorial. After this she standed up and went into the hut.
When she is in the hut, you have access to the table.

I tried to make a video, but the game crashed at the end of the quest…
More luck next time… :cry:

I had a crash recording as well, right as I was drawing the potion.

Okay i’ve finsihed the alchemy quest…
Start New Game
1st collect herbs and coal
2nd Talk to Jerry
3rd Talk to Marianna
4th Talk to Herbalism Women
5th wait if she goes into hut
6th you can access the table

Read Book
Press Y/Z
Press ENTER
put two thistle into cauldron
Now boil for one turn
Hour glass
boil for second turn
Hour glass
put nettle into cauldron
Again boil for one turn
Hour glass
cooldown
use flask on cauldron
Antidote ready

I think that’s the correct order :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone else having issues where the drawing of the potion doesn’t actually pour anything into the vial?

I draw the potion fine, however when the cauldron is tipped to pour into the vial, no liquid comes out and resultantly nothing actually fills the vial.

Magic air potions :wink:

You have to do the alchemy before lockpicking. That´s the correct order - then it works :wink:

3 Likes

Ahhh okay
I knew that the quest doesn’t work if you do something else before…
but that’s why I have written Start New Game. :wink:

2 Likes

i have same problem do u have crappy computer too : )

Nah every other aspect of the game runs fine (1920X1080 / Very High / Full 60FPS). And I never had the issue with previous alpha releases… so it’s a bug that seems to have popped up for me only in the latest version.

:expressionless:

Lol on 2.0 I would get solid 20 fps. Now I get average of five. Thats with 800x600… pitiful, yes? Its only cause I too lazy to upgrade from vista to windows 7 lol I dont like 8.

This Bug brought me here! :smile:
3-4 times … i manage to get into the alchemy modus. but then i only can read the book thats it…

i cant leave the game properly. after strg.alt… crash.

So my problem is that I have used the alchemy table several times, but now I cannot pour neither liquid or read the book or interact with the phials or even the mortar. What do I do to fix this problem I’ve went back saves, I’ve made sure I have ingredients and a lot more. Need help do to not being able to increase my alchemy skill level.