►Alpha 0.4 Bug List

Zdravím,příští měsíc vyjde nový update?V podobě jaké je teď je u mě nehratelný.

About smith. It’s flying like a dervish.

2 Likes

OK, here are some bugs I either found or confirmed from other posts above:

Game Version:
alpha_release_6.1_36928_281
localization: alpha_release_6.1_39416_293

System:
Win 7-64
Intel i7-2600K @ 3.4 GHz
8 GB Ram
DirectX 11
Nvidia GeForce GTX 590 with 4 GB

Settings:

1. Game Crashed Immediately on Start
Log file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qr5u5f59g2bumk/KCD%202015-09-20%2001%20Crash%20on%20Start.zip?dl=0
The game crashes on start like this about 1 out of 3 times for me.

2. Confirmed Strange Clothing Charisma Effects

Being naked except for the Brown Quilted Jacket purchased from the Samopesh vendor gives the highest charisma value (10). Fully dressed, charisma is 4. Wearing nothing but the Brown Quilted Jacket allows charisma persuasion to work on Samopesh blacksmith.

3. Strange Armor Values

The various types of Hose and the Leather Shoes (red circles) have much higher armor values than the Plate Chausses (green circle). The White Gambeson has much lower armor value, despite covering a larger area, than the White Gambeson Chausses (maroon box).

4. Shoe Slot?
In the pick above, note the green annotations on the right side. The Leather Shoes appear in one of the leg armor slots (lower right group) instead of the slot marked with a shoe/boot icon in the group of slots in the upper right.

5. Leg Armor Value Goes to Zero After Skipping Time
Sorry, no picture. After digging Maroslav’s grave, I removed all clothing/armor except the Quilted Brown Jacket to see if Martin would give me a bigger reward due to higher charisma. It was by now the 1st night in the game so I skipped time 11 hours until dawn. When the inventory screen reappeared after the time had passed and I went to put Miroslav’s looted leg armor on, the leg armor value shown in the lower right below the image of Henry remained 0-0-0 despite wearing all the leg armor. Closing and reopening the inventory screen caused the leg armor value to dsplay properly, however.

6. The Plant You Are Picking Remains During Animation

In the picture above, Henry is standing up at the end of the 3rd-person “picking” animation. He was picking the thistle shown in the picture, which is still visible. The plants you are picking don’t disappear until after the animation is over. It would be better if they disappeared at the appropriate point during the animation.

7. Confirmed Infinite Lockpicks
As noted in a post above, you can get infinite lockpicks from the Samopesh blacksmith if you do the following:
a. Ask about the lockpicks
b. Open inventory immediately after Blacksmith say he will show you how to use them.
c. Drop the lockpicks in your inventory.
d. Talk to Blacksmith and ask about lockpicks again. Repeat as often as desired.

8. Lockpicks Levitate After Dropping

I noticed this in the video above that 1st reported the infinite lockpicks. However, this wasn’t mentioned in the post and I thought it might have been part of the Blacksmith jumping around at high speed, so I decided to test this myself. In my case, the Blacksmith was standing there or walking normally, yet every lockpick I dropped levitated at about waist level, so this appears to be an independent bug.

9. Horse Inventory Not Working
This might not be implemented yet so might not be a bug, but I haven’t heard either way so figured I’d mention it. The HORSE inventory button doesn’t work, even if standing next to or riding the horse.

10. Crash at Camp
Log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmwq85v2s7gtsru/KCD%202015-09-20%2008%20Crash%20at%20Camp.zip?dl=0
The game always crashes on me at the camp. The procedure is as follows:
a. Go to camp.
b. Talk to any person in camp.
c. End the dialog. Game crashes immediately upon ending dialog.
It doesn’t matter whom I talk to: the witch, a soldier, the fencing master, the result is always the same. It also doesn’t matter what I say in the dialog, either. I can accept or decline the quest to help the wounded, for example. The crash occurs at the end of the dialog.

2 Likes

I apologize for the pollution of my contribution to this thread :smile:

Do you use a savegame?

Savegames are buggy,… if…don´t use them!

Horse Inventory is in Alpha 0.4 not implemented!

Yes, the charisma bug is not fixed since Alpha 0.3…

Yes, they are a little strange and need a “little” adjustment.

But Armor Values should work correct… (at the picture)
Leg armor 19(-19-18)
You use the
Hose 8
Leather shoes 7
Plate chauses 2
and the White gambeson chauses 2
=8+7+2+2…=19 that`s correct!

Body armor 4,2(-4,4-4,4)
Brown hood 2
Brown quiled jacket 2
and White gambeson 0,4
=2+2+0,4…=4,4… fits nearly… there are 3 zones for every part of the body.
You can check this with using(or not) the White gambeson.

I think it works correctly…

Yepp, they are levitating.
Dropping things, is in general buggy. Exemple: dropping a sword… you can´t get it back!

Hello!
at the moment the version below runs on my PC

Hello!
At the moment the version below runs on my PC.

…and I´m stuck. I tried to climb over a woodpile behind a house and reached the roof of the cabin with the head and that was the end. I tried to restart the game in order to get free on one hand or to take a screenshot on the other. Since that try I´m crying for at least one savepoint. Why? I made one wrong klick and started a new game and all I reached so far was gone … :sob:

[quote=“Blacksmith, post:208, topic:23514”]
Do you use a savegame?
Savegames are buggy,… if…don´t use them![/quote]

I did try to use a saved game the 1st time I played but soon discovered their problems so haven’t used one since. For the last couple of days, I have just started the game and run until it’s crashed, then started over with a new game. That’s what I did this time. When I 1st started the game, it crashed on the loading screen befroe “press ENTER to start” appeared on it. So I started the game again, began a new game, and continued until it crashed in the camp.

Yes, the individual values sum up correctly. I was just noticing that the values for individual items need revision.

[quote]The individual slot images change based on what is equipped.
Each section has a shield with a symbol showing what area the of the body the slots pertain to i.e. head, torso, hands, and lower body.
I think it works correctly.[/quote]

I still think the Leather Shows are going in the wrong slot :). The background images in the slots tell you what can go there. Now, IIRC, you can have up to 4 layers of clothing/armor on any part of the body. The head (uipper left) and leg
(lower right) slot groups have 4 slots, which fits this. The body (upper right) group, however, has 6 slots. The upper 4 of these slots are all for stuff that covers the torso and arms, so again, 4 layers. So what’s up with the extra 2 slots in the body group?

Well, their background pictures are a pair of gloves and a pair of boots/shoes. So I would naturally assume those are what are supposed to go in those slots. Yet the Leather Shoes aren’t put in the shoe/boot slot in the body group, but as 1 of the 4 items in the legs group. I believe this is incorrect and that they should go in the shoe/boot slot in the body group. If shoes aren’t supposed to go there, then what other item goes there? I have yet to find a pair of socks in the game, so I doubt it’s that :).

It seems to me the game really hasn’t decided what to do with shoes and boots. For instance, there is no separate armor value for feet like there is for hands. But OTOH, there’s what appears to be a special slot for shoes/boots. If the foot isn’t counted as a separately armored area like the hand, why have a slot for shoes/boots? High-top boots do provide leg protection so arguably should be in a leg armor slot. However, low-top shoes only cover the foot so IMHO should go in the shoe/boot slot (and have a zero value for leg armor).

There’s also the issue of footwear combined with plate chausses. The plate chausses have an extention that covers the top of the foot. This should go over the character’s shoes, so the strap and buckle on the bottom don’t dig into the sole of his naked foot. But in the game, shoes are drawn on top of the armor.

1 Like

Nelze to vyloučit :wink:

1 Like

1, Hopefully next time it will be better :wink:
2, It is not a bug. Some clothing can lower your charisma or if it is hidden under other clothing, it doesn´t have any impact on your charisma.
3, Well, it seems like some values are not correct in the database. thanks!
4, I think these are socks. (or some middle age version of socks)
5, Interesting. Thanks!
6, Yeah, this whole animation is questionable.
7, I will look into that :wink:
8, Yup, we know about this.
9, Not a bug. :wink: it was turned off intentionally.
10, Next alpha should have this fixed.

1 Like

Thanks, where exactly is that place? A screenshot? :wink:

Hi, Anna!
The Screen I wasn´t able to post first. Now you can see where I had my head in the hay. :grin:

[quote=“Anna, post:212, topic:23514”]
2, It is not a bug. Some clothing can lower your charisma or if it is hidden under other clothing, it doesn´t have any impact on your charisma.[/quote]

OK, but I think it’s a bit silly to have a higher charisma wearing a fancy jacket but naked from the waist down than it is when you’re fully dressed. OK, maybe Henry is hung like a horse and that impresses people :smiley: but OTOH it could be taken as him being too poor to have pants and shoes.

But apparently nobody in the game has socks.

There’s also the graphics issue of shoes being drawn on top of the armored foot of the plate chausses.

Yep, I know :slight_smile: It is a little bit weird.

Díky za reakci :blush:

Hello Anna!
I tried to skip time during night and the following error ocurred.

Greetings Rudolf

game falls already on the menu,It was not previously a problem :pensive:

Hi! Unfortunately, I will not be dealing with bugs anymore - I am moving to graphic department :city_sunrise:
So all your bug reports and questions forward to our new tester @Hound and the veteran tester @SasekUprchlik . Bye! :wave:

1 Like

Ah darn its been great reporting to you Lady Mousellyca!

Well now we have an opportunity to get to know more of the WH team.

1 Like

I hope you change because there are no more bugs(in Alpha 0.5) :wink:

Will you tell us, more specific, what´s your job in the future? Anyway, good luck!

@Hound Welcome in the bug jungle!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Reproducibility: [Always]
Severity: [Trivial]
Priority:[Low]

Description: Found a multible used mesh with a missing texture on the bottom side of a trunk

dxdiag.txt

3 Likes