►Alpha 0.4 Bug List

Reproducibility: [N/A]
Severity: [Crash]
Priority: [Normal]

Description: Game crashes to WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bluescreen after a random time

After searching in google i think it’s because the GPU is overheating so i don’t know if this should be called a bug or not. It just seems to be because the game need to be optimized. I have expanded the time between crashes with EVGA presicionX by switch the fan mode of the GPU to aggressive. It still happens but less than before.

But i’m still not shure… I watched the temperature of the GPU a while and it never went over 65°C and that’s fine. And it’s also different to other games where i also had GPU temperature problems. There i had BSD not a bluescreen.

Also i watched the CPU and RAM and it never used more than 30-40%

if there is any log file i can link here just tell me.

Win 10
i7 4790k
ASUS Z97k
32GB G.Skill DDR3
512GB SSD
EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 4GB

Reproducibility: [Sometimes]
Severity: [Crash]

Description: Game freezes if i start to talk to a random NPC after "save and reload"
Steps to produce:

1. Save the game (quit the game trough menu)
  2. Run the game
  3. Continue the save
  4. Talk to a random NPC
  5. Process freeze

If i press any button the window to wait for the process or quit it pops up
Never happens if i load it again after the freeze. After this i’ve no problems to continue the save.

dxdiag.txt
alpha_release_6.1_36928_281
localization: alpha_release_6.1_39416_293

Good luck in the new assignment. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Hi there! Thanks for the warm welcome :grin:. I look forward to working with y’all on making this game as awesome as we possibly can!

2 Likes

Title: Process still running after quit
Reproducibility: [Sometimes]
Severity: [Error]

Description: If i quit the game and try to start it again i got sometimes a steam error that the game is still running. I’ve checked the task manager but found nothing.
Steps to produce:

1. Quit the game
  2. Run the game

Don’t know how to work around this problem. Have to relog or reboot Windows to solve it.

EDIT; It’s also working again if i close Steam with the task manager. After this i can start the game normaly. Seems like there is an issue with communication between KC:D and Stean client.

dxdiag.txt
alpha_release_6.1_36928_281
localization: alpha_release_6.1_39416_293

In task manager KCD is seen as “Game.exe”, if I am not mistaken.

Nope no Game.exe in task manager

I was playing from a saved game so that might be the problem. I’ll check that next time, but I figured I’d better mention this now.

The quest In Merhojed, “Our Little House in K…(something)” seems broken. I tracked down Andreas and he said he gave me the document, but he actually gave me nothing. At this point, the QuestLog screen showed nothing for “current objective” and I was unable to talk to Ludmilla at all. There was no “E to talk” option with her.

Anybody else have this problem or does it work from a new game?

It works. I have solved the quest 6 times or more… (min.4 times with “help” from Andreas)

There are some major conflicts with some quests, for the current build its recommended that each quest wish to complete is done using a fresh game (exit the game entirely and reopen, new game from the menu has the same issues that the save states have).

You can complete many of the quests in one run, I have done all but a few this way but I avoided quests that involve NPCS from other quests (so if I had to talk to the herbalist for a quest I won’t do the others she is involved in).

The complexity of the AI system has certainly made a few headaches for the team but thankfully we are in alpha and we can nip it in the butt now.

I suggest checking out @Perry’s Channel on YouTube he has some good coverage of the quests in the alpha so far (helps learning where conflicts are and how to solve the quests).

1 Like

Yeah, I was doing them 1 at a time, except that “Smoke on the Horizon” thing where I could never convince the commander I was worth his time. So other than that, “Our Little House…” was the only quest active at the time, and none of the characters overlapped (at least at that moment).

There is one other thing I noticed that might have caused a problem as well. I had previously done the Lost Keys quest and in the process had taken the Bailiff’s seal. He noticed and demanded it back, so I said OK, but it remained in my inventory. I’ve read that quest items can be troublesome and I assume the deed in the Little House quest is also a quest item.

hard to say what the blacksmith is doing i bet he is superman :wink: !
and the guy on horse i bet he was drunk haha :stuck_out_tongue:
not sure if ppl have posted the bugs but i will try to find some and look it up and see if ppl posted it or not :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are both known and reported.

The first one has been around since the first build I believe, it even has its own thread (multiples actually Blacksmith has been one entertaining fellow).
Blacksmith sword animation bug

post #35 Oct 23, '14 2:39 AM
post #268 Apr 2, 12:16 PM

Horse Being stuck
post #29 Jul 2, 8:36 PM
post #147 Jul 12, 6:15 AM
post #185 Aug 25, 10:55 PM

Keeping hunting! Alpha 0.5 should be along here soon sometime in October (if things go as planned).

1 Like

okej thx :slight_smile: i did look for it in this post but i did not see it XD i might have missed it haha :stuck_out_tongue:

There is allot to look through especially when it comes to bugs.

Keep hunting and reporting we need as many testers being vigilant as possible!

im gonna play it tomorrow and search for more bugs and then search here and see if they been posted or not :smile:

1 Like

I was in a house near a fire, I turned my camera around and received a Direct X stall. I can’t find a log file for the Crytek engine so, I managed to export an event viewer log.

Event Viewer File
KCD_Engine_Build File
DxDiag

The KCD_Engine_Build log indicates I’m on Windows 8; however, I am in fact on Windows 10 Home 64bit.

EDIT: Looks like I may have found the crash dump.

I receive a loud sound artifact when starting the game. It’s a loud beep/screech.

I don’t notice this noise anywhere other than this game. I’m running
an O2 DAC/AMP that powers a set of headphones through USB (I am not
using my onboard sound).

Windows 10 Home 64bit.

DxDiag

Opening the scroll from Baliff’s Key quest doesn’t open.

I completed the quest (I think) by picking the lock and telling the Baliff that the door is open. He rewarded me (I’m not sure what the reward was). I went back into the house, picked the chest and took the scroll.

When pressing “E” it brings the scroll outside of the inventory and doesn’t do anything afterwards.

For me to break through the bug, I need to hit “Esc” to go back to my inventory. The scroll goes back into the inventory but is still unable to open.

Since the quest was completed, the quest remains in my quest log as an active quest. The item still resides in my inventory (unsure of its intention).

If the quest isn’t completed, why was I rewarded? If it is completed, why is it necessary to find the Baliffs key still? Is he not able to get a new lock and key? Apologies if there is a follow-up from finding his keys that is pivotal to the plot; however, I have no reason to believe so.

Looks like a unfinished feature.
I think the seal is the only quest item, where you can use the “E” use button.

No, the quest is not finished. You need to find the key (finding out who has the key!).

Yes, that´s a bug… you get nothing, but you should get money.

You finished a part of the quest, but you need to find out, what happend to the bailiff and his key, to close the quest.
And stealing his seal makes the bailiff not happy :smile:.