►Alpha 0.5 Bug List

After a battle in the arena of of the military camp there was such a bug.

3 Likes

@XAHT Please be honest … you’ve found a way to drink beer in the tavern, … :grinning::grin: Nice,

1 Like

Don’t know if this is a known issue or only I have it, but I’m having hard time running tech alpha with my new AMD card R9 390. I had GTX 750 Ti which is by all means inferior to R9 390 and game runned at constant 30 fps with medium settings at 1080p. Now, however, whenever I open game it starts windowed with with 1280x720 resolution on medium preset and it is not even close to smooth experience - I get 30-40fps. If I try to make it full screen, then I get black screen.
Maybe its just optimization issue but it sure is very strange to see such thing.

1 Like

okay so I was one of the people that was affected with the crysystem.dll bug

now I can play the game but the game experience freeze in the beginning if I run it full screen, it’s as if usually found when rendering a game with insane gfx settings plus insane res or supersampling and ran out of VRAM or such only that this is even worse, the game.exe literally not responding… and I had to kill the exe

it can somehow work if I run the game windowed, but as soon as I enter the 1st hut in front of the spawn point, the freeze/not responding happened again even in windowed mode

specs is 5930k 16gb ram 980 ti oc running with 3440x1440 display

Maybe your performance issue is cpu bound? Could you monitor your cpu usage while running the game?

What are you settings? High or more? Your sliders with distances? Could you reduce the distances, to let say 30% or less, for testing…

Well I’ve checked cpu usage and it peaked at 50% at one time but there was average of 35-40% usage. I have I7-4790 processor and it was the same one which I used with gtx750 ti. So I would doubt that the problem is CPU. Though thanks for your advice, I’ve messed around with options for a bit and found strange pattern. When I entered the game it started as usual: 1280x720 medium settings and it gave me 35-40fps average. Then I upped settings to very high preset and it still showed me same 35-40fps but with a lot of stuttering. But just as I mess with resolution or full screen/windowed options I get black screen with menu and hud visible but everything else black.
I would assume that there is some optimization problem for AMD from the looks of things but if nobody else with AMD cards having such issues, I’m confused.

omg this forum is so confusing, I tried to quote your post, couldn’t get clear indication on how I actually do this lol

anyway at first I tried to max the gfx as in all very high + max sliders, but then reducing it to default very high did not solve my problem, I haven’t tried lower gfx setting though

VRAM usage at max according to afterburner was only about 3700mb, temps are within normal parameters and I haven’t seen any game that seriously taxed an oc’ed 5930k.

All you have to do to make a quote is highlight the text you wish to quote and a small box should appear above the text, click that box and it will add your quote to a new post or the one your currently editing.

1 Like

The camera gets slightly knocked out of first person when I crash my horse into a tree and am sliding on the ground. The camera shifts above the head and looks down inside my body. The camera fixes when the getting up animation starts.

1 Like

@XAHT
Video is private…

I dont know if its posted already but i cant really start the game.
After i start new game, the Screen goes half black with the kcd backround and the exe stopped working.
Happens to me everytime. :open_mouth:

Yes, playing with sliders not maxed out and possibly at the default value cannot be stressed enough as from my experience it’s unfortunately rather shaky at the moment :wink:.

Hi,after update my game stuck in game and only music remains play and i kill the game with task manager(i also star citizen player its happened in 1.3) so its related also with cry engine?

okay folks, I managed to narrow down the problem

apparently if I start the game with 2560x1440 it will run fine, and later in the game I could switch to 3440x1440 res just fine

so apparently there is some kind of bug with 0.5 if you are starting the game with 21:9 res or at least 3440x1440…

I hope the dev read this and can tinker with this issue.

@sundancekid Could you PM me/Send here the dxdiag so we can take a look whats going wrong?

I’m not sundancekid but i started the 0.5 Alpha today after some time. It downloaded ~16mb and i tryed to start the game and it crashed, every time i try to start the game it will crash. This never happened to me before. The only two things that are different from the working 0.5 Alpha to the not working 0.5 Alpha is the ~16mb download and a different gpu driver, from amd-catalyst-15.11.1beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-nov14 to radeon-crimson-15.11-win10-64bit. I don’t know if the game crash is a problem with the updated gpu driver or with the 16mb update to the Alpha (Version: alpha_release_7_52355_598). I PM you my dxdiag file. The crash occurs when the game wants to change from window screen with the feature and control list to fullscreen in game menu.

1 Like

Hey I’m having the same problem. Try starting the game. It starts in windowed mode and when its done loading and says press enter to continue, I get a message saying it stopped working.

you have the file in your inbox !