Alpha Performance Thread

It may be due to the monitor or the resolution, monitor response time is also very important, QuadCore ore dual core?.

In addition, the game is still in the alpha version

1 Like

QuadCore.
I tried switching the resolution but didn’t help.

I noticed that when validating the game files on steam it says one file failed to validate and will be reacquired. Could it be that?

Its not your build, the alpha has not been fully optimized.This is discussed in a few videos with Dan. The cause for this is summarized by the Dev team below.

1 Like

8320 3.5Ghz
R9 290X
16GB RAM
HDD

‘Low’ preset + Distance sliders set at 50%.
1920x1080.

Both the GPU and CPU seems to be fairly stressed at least, not exactly psyched about the performance…

After latest updates the performance is much worse, does not matter if in Low or Very High, FPS stays around 30fps as you show in the images.

CPU: 2760QM @2.4GHz
GPU: 7970m 2GB stock
RAM: 8GB 1600MHz
SSD: 500GB 840 EVO

Laptop (if it wasn’t already evident :P).

720, medium quality, FS and windowed
25-30 fps, usually 28.

GPU temp at ~72C
CPU temp at 88-96C!!

Didn’t get loads, was too busy panicking about the temp of the cpu.

seems pretty cpu limited atm, will test on my desktops when I get the chance.

I don’t know if this is just me, but even on low I’m only getting around 7 FPS. Maybe it’s just my system.

My specs are:
Win 8.1, GeForce GT 630 and Intel HD Graphics 4600 with an I5-4430 CPU. I don’t know if my computer isn’t strong enough or maybe the game isn’t optimized enough (It’s probably my computer) but I max out at about 10 frames on low.

Hi i think your system is a bit to low.
The GT630 takes place on rank 138 in the graphiccard’s chartlist
It got the power of an Geforce 9800GT out of '08.

You need something that takes place arround the #35 (GTX 660ti), cause the game is pretty hardware-hungry :smiley:

On my System it runs on low/medium with about 20-30 fps.

I got a
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Geforce GTX560 TI
8GB DDR3 Ram
On Windows 7 64bit
1680x1050px

Hello @warhorse,
yesterday I fiddled with KC:Deliverance a little bit, latest 0.4 version.

Other things aside, I am concerned about the lack of resourse management your game has.
I know that it is still an early version, but nonetheless this forum is important for improving not only the gameplay, but also the requirements.

I will report my observations shortly. If someone doesn’t believe me, I can upload screenshots as well, but this can happen when I’m on my home PC 2-3 days from now.

My specs are:
Asrock asrock z77 extreme4 Motherboard
Intel i7 3770 CPU overclocked stable at 4.3 Mhz
Geil 8GB 2400 mhz RAM
GeForce GTX 760 Asus DirectII Cu 2GB overclocked stable to match the secondary card clocks.
GeForce GTX 760 Evga Superclocked 2GB working in SLI. I’ve thermal reasons of putting the faster card secondary, so don’t ask why I did it :smile:

As you can see, I have a very serious gaming rig and I’ve decent knowledge on how to squeeze every last bit of system power. Yet, playing Deliverance stroke me with some awkward facts:

1. I started the game on “very high” settings, everything maxed out, 1920x1080. In the starting location FPS went about 25-50 frames in general, which is OK for gaming as far as my taste goes. But I experienced significant frame drops every few seconds which caused big (unplayable) lag. I thought that 2GB of video memory might not be enough for such large textures, so I figured out that the GPU memory might have a hard time on “very high”.

So I switched everything to “high” settings in-game and lowered the distance render by 30%. After a very LOOOOONG wait time for the game to readjust, I barely noticed any improvement at all.

1. I checked the resourse usage on my system via many third party programs, such as CPU-Z, GPU-Z, Core Temp etc… as well as Windows resourse management. After merely 25-30 minutes of gaming my RAM usage was 99% and 86% of that amount was taken by Deliverance! This was like a punch to me, I played a huge amount of games over the years and never saw one which is soooo RAM demanding. Even Witcher 3 is alergic to RAM compared to Deliverance :open_mouth: I strongly believe that 8GB of RAM should be more than enough to play ANY modern PC game maxed out, at least at 1920x1080.

2. The other issue is with the CPU usage. The same time Deliverance combine sucked 99% of my 8GB ultra fast gaming RAM, the i7 3770 was only at 28-30% load. Yes, the game actually took advantage of ONLY 1/3 of my CPU power at best! A comparison with other modern games (Wither 3, GTA 5) shows CPU usage that goes between 65-95%. I find this lack of processor usage disturbing, cause those additional 40-50% have the power to make the game fly.

3. My last, but not least hardware concern. Deliverance fail to take advantage of my SLI configuration. This is understandable considering its early state and so on. To be honest, there are such a nonsense games (Batman recently) which doesn’t implement SLI at all and even perform worse with it enable. But SLI is very important in modern gaming and missing its benefits is a huge disappoint.

What I mean - in the same time my RAM is at 99% usage and my CPU is at 30% usage, the GPU load on my first ASUS video card is 97-99%. This is absolutely normal and most GPU are intended to be used at 100% load when gaming. But the GPU load on my second EVGA video card is only 4-5%, which means a lot of unused GPU potential. Practically renders the second card useless and SLI not working as it should. Again a comparison with abovementioned modern games shows they take advantage of 95%-100% of GPU power on BOTH cards simultaneously.

This is different for video memory usage. On “high” settings Deliverance consumed 2000+ MB out of my primary ASUS 2GB card and 1950+ MB out of my secondary EVGA card. Althought I am glad that both cards use their memory capacity, I find this maxed memory usage pretty hard considering the engine and I’m sure it caused the framedropping lag.
For comparison I can run GTA V maxed out (advanced graphics aside) and get a stable 40-70 FPS without frame drops with the similar amoung of video memory consumption.

These are my observations and concerns. Devs, I’m sure you will do your best to optimise the game and make full use of every possible system resourse. My post is not a criticism in any way, I just want to help making Kingdom Come better.

Thanks for reading and good luck!

2 Likes

Hello all! Long time no see!

I recently upgraded my hardware to a Titan X and a 27" 1440p monitor :smiley:
I’ve overclocked my Titan X to 1405 Mhz, my CPU which is still a Xeon X5650 is at 4.0 Ghz.

On very high and high graphics settings at my native resolution I’m getting 35-40 fps… I’m not sure if this is okay xD

GPU usage is pegged at 99%, so that means the GPU is being used and is not being bottlenecked. Vram usage is pretty good. It stays under 4GB and hovers around 3.7GB as I type this.

A lot of the bugs have been cleaned up since last I played and more content too! This is great! I’m glad I pledged when I did. Can’t wait for the final release and hopefully more optimization :smiley:

Hey all, just wanted to share my experience so far (v. 0.5):

My specs:

EVGA GTX 760 (FTW-oc) 4gb vram;
INTEL core i7 3770k;
8gb ram.

I tested some configurations at the Karolinenthal-Campsite, since i’m gettin the worst framerate there:

Low: ~27 fps
Medium: ~22 fps
High: ~22 fps (lol…)
very High: ~17 fps

While Games like The Witcher 3 run great on my system (~depending on the location i get 50-60fps on ultra settings, with some settings set to high), Kingdom Come has a very poor performance on my system.
Even the new Battlefront runs at max Settings with constant 60 fps.
Well, pretty much anything runs great on my system, except for Kingdom Come.

not running well, 11 - 15 fps on low settings, Nvidia GTX 650 9gb ram on card and 16gb ram in computer, running a I5@3.60ghz and i have windows 10.

First post here!

PC:
i5-6600k @ 4.1ghz
16gb DDR4
AMD Radeon Fury (Catalyst 15.7.1 last-gen driver)
Asus MG279Q 1440p 144hz FreeSync

1440p / 144hz:
Very High: 31-42
High: 35-51

While it is running correctly it is beautiful. The draw distance is particularly notable. However, like some other posters, I get sporadic screen locking while turning around. I disabled FreeSync on my display because its minimum is 35 hz, but that didn’t seem to affect it. I’m guessing the default v-sync is the culprit.

Hello everyone
i pledged some money to get real copy and play the alpha and here are my performance notes since peformance is my only complain with this game. I have two computers so i post my test results on both of them

my main rig
i7 3930k 6 core at 3,2 - 3,4 ghz
32 gb ram
gtx 970 4gb
ssd disk 500mb/s

my second rig
i7 4790S
16 gb ram
gtx 960 4gb
SSHD

results of my testing on both specs are surpisingly almost identical on both
i run the game on high and it does 20 - 40 fps depending where im at. turning it to medium or low does jack shit with the fps or result is negligible.
village is 25 - 30 fps
in the open up to 40 fps
and merhojed encampenet is 20

the game in this state is rather unplayable imo. it also stutters ever so often.
combat in merhojed encampement 20 - 25 fps makes it rather painfull experience.
game is beautifull thats for sure… but despite most ppl here telling that 30 fps is playable… well i don´t think so. consistent 40 fps is playable tho.
i hope devs optimise the game to run at least 35 - 40 fps in most heavy areas cuz when i imagine large battle played like old school Ishar games it makes my head spin :slightly_smiling

i hope i wont have to SLI two GTX 980 Titans to enjoy some nice 50 - 60 fps.

cheers and keep up the good work.

1 Like

I think we can expect much more from a 970 once the game is optimised. It runs Ryse: SoR and Crysis 3 which are made with the same engine (not openworld tho) and look gorgeous at very good framerates!

I’m having the same issues with my 970, I expect it to be able to get a constant 40 fps especially if its on the lowest possible settings but sometime it crashes when lowering the settings (gives some sort of not enough memory message despite 8gb of ram) and the lowest settings maybe improve my framerate by 1 or 2 which is not an effective amount. I love the game but the framerate makes it difficult to test along with the inability to spawn in gold or items as the console is mostly disabled.

Hi, I am little dissapointed by my computer performance, what do you think?

CPU: AMD FX 8300 8 core 3,3 GHz
MB: MSI 970 Gaming
RAM: 2x8GB DDR3
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB

At first I adjusted STEAM folders in KCD according to instructions here to start the game (because it crashes in first screen before), after that game is running

1080p, high details:

Frame Rate is usually 25-32 in Samopesh village, 45-50 if I look into sky, but time to time it lags (cca every half a minute) and it is little bit annoying especially if you are sword fighting etc.

I have actual drivers for graphic card (15.301.1801.1001)

CPU load is around 40-50 % while I am playing, which is OK I suppose

Interesting thing is, that it looks, that my GPU is not working for 100%:

But I am not an expert

What is your opinion?

gtx970,
8gb ram.
4.2ghz i5

not a smooth experience at very high. default detail slider (which is jarringly low)