An article about sword fighting in video games with new info about KC: D

So you’re telling me you could catch a guy wearing nothing who has a head start on you when you have full plate and running with a 2 handed weapon with a helmet covering your entire face and you wouldn’t tire quicker or get heat stroke? You’re wearing extra weight period i doubt you can catch a man wearing clothing that doesn’t even weigh a pound. And the knights wearing what? 30-45 pounds extra weight? They would both be in good shape one is wearing more weight the other is not so how does a guy wearing extra weight run down and kill a guy who is in just as good of shape wearing nothing? It screws with the balance of the game. The archer can be insta killed be most of the knights weapons and its not hard to evade arrows long enough to close the distance and kill the archer. On top of that it takes 2-3 arrows with the most powerful in the game to bring down the knight which im okay with but its retarted that the knight just gets to run down the archer constantly.

How big of a lead and over how much distance? I’ve run down plenty of guys with a head start while in my armor. I’ve also had plenty of guys outrun me, because they’re just plain faster than me and someone I wouldn’t have been able to catch WITHOUT my armor.

Don’t take artificial and arbitrary game balance and try to apply it to real armor. Real life doesn’t have a sprint meter.

2 Likes

Any distance as long as they’re staring at your back then can easily run you down. The archer is the second fastest class in the game and they need to be for balance. They can be one shot by almost any weapon the vanguard and knight use not to mention their melee weapons are very weak since they took out the back stab bonus they got in combat.

The Knight shouldn’t be able to catch the Archer. The archer is supposed to be faster but if the knight looks at the archers ass he magically gets faster thats what i have a problem with. They are both in equal shape but the knight is wearing more weight and the archer is wearing nothing. They nerfed the Archer hard because people who suck at knight were getting shit on by archers in melee. But now they leave Archers with no choice but to stand in fight instead of run and shoot because they will be caught up to by the heavier classes. Not to mention if you turn a corner and see an entire team you’re pretty much fucked because there is no point in running even if you have a huge head start they will catch you and gang bang you.

So you’re faster while wearing 40 pounds of metal then you are without armor on? hmm that makes total sense :smiley:

He puts a little more effort and energy in running.

The medieval period, like basically any period in history is bad for video game inspiration that is supposed to have rock paper scissor balance.

An overweight person can outrun a skinny bean pole I don’t see the problem here.

Archers are by default faster than knights so the chase bonus makes no sense. But hey as long as they look at your back from all the way across the map they will easily catch you.

There isn’t rock paper scissors balance it depends on your skill alone. A good archer can easily beat a bad knight in melee in that game.

What??? Hes saying that hes faster when he wears armor that literally makes no sense what so ever. Why in gods name would you be faster with extra weight on? If you put the same effort running with armor and without armor on you would go faster without armor. You have less weight to restrict your speed.

Are we talking about a video game? I was under the impression we were discussing the still to be made KDC: Deliverance game.

Because he already is faster than the other guy without armor, and the armor is still not heavy enough to bring him down to another guys level. That said in a short sprint the extra mass isn’t that bad.

We are talking about Chivalry Medieval Warfare.

No they both run the same speed. This is the knight chasing the archer its not some short sprint its all the way across the maps and in Chivalry they can be quite big. The knight is in full plate armor and the Archer is not wearing any armor. The knight can catch the archer easily if he stares at the archers back because the stupid chase bonus.

He said armor made him able to catch the guy implying that without armor he is slower. That literally makes no damn sense.

Nevermind then I thought we were discussing real life/history.

Maybe the archer just has a great ass. I get the same sort of motivation from the stretchy pants girls on the stair master in front of the bikes at my rec center. :grin:

Nice job completely corrupting the point I was trying to make. If I can’t catch someone in my armor it’s NOT because of my armor. It’s because they’re a faster runner or have more endurance than me PERIOD. Not EVERYONE has the same running speed, you know.

2 Likes

To be honest I have no idea what he’s on about anymore. But arbitrary nerfs for “balance” are stupid and I hope KC:D doesn’t use it.

2 Likes

I wasn’t corrupting your point it was a misunderstanding apologizes.

I know but we are talking about a video game. The Archer has a set speed and the knight has a set speed much lower than the archers. So why then does it make sense for the knight to be able to catch up to him. In real life do you really think that if an archer was being chased by a knight in full plate who was in equal shape just as fast and had just as much endurance that the knight could catch the archer?

Yes there are several taunts revolving around that in the game.
“stop looking at me like that its creepy!”
" Show me your backside tis your best side"!
The best taunts are the man at arms though
"after I’ve run you through next is your mother!“
Your sword looks a little short if you know what i mean”!
Or the knight taunt.
“they’ve penetrated our rear”! :wink:

I originally was talking about the chase mechanic in Chivalry Medieval Warfare, I don’t know if you thought i was talking about Kingdom come or what. Chivalry has good balance in it. The Knight has less stamina is slower and but can take way more hits.

Two individuals with the exact same endurance and the exact same running speed will NEVER catch each other, no matter if they’re armored or not (unless one trips, makes a bad turn, runs into an obstacle of some sort, or without some other form of outside interference).

The real problem is no one wants to balance armor the way it would ACTUALLY be balanced. No one wants to have a game that makes full kit that costs a small fortune and requires weeks of waiting while it’s hammered out. And then requires frequent upkeep and expensive repairs (mail is actually self-cleaning to an extent, as the links move against each other). And to an extent, even if armor IS made incredibly expensive the fact it’s so easy to rake in cash in most RPGs makes the cost irrelevant, anyway.

Guys I think you two are discussing two different points and argue alongside each other. It’s like Gamersgate all over again.

1 Like

Exactly thats why i was angry about the mechanic being added into Chivalry.

Have you played Chivalry or War of the Roses. Plate is op in Roses because of the perks you can add to it and people spam that 2 handed axe that is stupidly op. Chivalry if you know what you’re doing can take on 4 guys at once I’ve done it before because i can take so many hits. Both those games give advantages for wearing plate armor so you should check those out if you haven’t already…War of the Roses is free right now and they gave the best plate in the game to the free players.

When was the last time you played because heavy plate armor has been shit for the past year or so.

Recently i like to watch people duel and i play as an archer and sit in the tower on London tournament. Sometimes i shoot randomly and the first thing i see is 10 people in full plate armor rushing me going 500 miles an hour and then they tackle me and tbag me before i can get to me secret place in the wall :smiley: Ah good times its a shame that games kinda dead.

You still got four or five servers being 90% full most of the time.

Yeah but they’re all duel servers and the ping drives me fucking insane. I’ll be walking around and them my head randomly falls off from some guys 10 feet away. Do you play often its a small community and now that i think about it your name seems familiar from somewhere.