Animals and realism

How realistic are animals in the game? I mean, I know there will be some, but

• Well-used road would probably have horse droppings here and there… or even horse dropping something
  • Speaking about horses, they are often like motorcycles in game, used and left at random place. Will you make sure that wherever horses are, they are supplied with food and water (unlike most games featuring horses)?
  • Speaking about this further, I hope cows have grass and mud smears and sheep are not perfectly clean fluffy white cotton balls - they never are in nature
  • A medieval village should have cats to fight against rats&mice and dogs to herd sheep and protect buildings. I don’t know if and how popular those animals were in this exact location and time, but if there’s animals, I surely imagine cats wandering all around the place, climbing roofs and trees and such. This sounds complex in programming standpoint, so how realistic will that really be?
  • Forest creatures should have nests. A fox, fleeing from hunter, will most likely disappear into nest in the ground or bush, not take kilometres-long marathon. Birds have nests too (rarely seen in games)

So basically, how much is realism represented if it comes to animals?

11 Likes

some interesting suggestions, like nests for wild animals. which brings up if player has tracked a particular prey to its home, if it feels threatened, it may try and end you.

1 Like

The dogs/cats/mice is a must. It seems like WH got obsessed with the chicken / no dragons joke to the point it is not funny any more, and that the rest of the animals are not getting the attention they deserve.

If the team was happy to get suggestions on the chicken color, they should add more animals to alpha built to get them right too.

I would like to see horses, cows and donkeys as workhorses. The “tractors” in this time periode plow, pull trolleys and lift weight (forest operation).

Look at this pictures:

Are in the game :grinning:

Sometimes with bug! :wink:

If there are cows, don´t forget milking.

Fishes and frogs in the river(s)??! The fisherman will not have an income (without fishes)…

Chickens: Several hundreds of chickens, but no eggs? I hope Warhorse also improves the day and night cycle, if the chickens are not in the stables or on trees they get lost, … by foxes, rats.
And no cockcrow in the morning…

Don`t forget pigs, ducks, gooses, goats and peacocks… :blush:

4 Likes