Anyone coming here from Life is Feudal?

Just wondering if anyone’s coming here from that MMO game, Life is Feudal, or if anyone there is coming from here…
(And if someone accuses me of advertising that game on this forum I’ll simply reply in advance that I’ve already posted about this game on THEIR forum…)
Anyway, some links are below…
The Game (I view it as the unofficial Multiplayer arm of Kingdom Come):

My Guild:
http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/the-gentleman-bastards-t1255/

That’s also a very interesting game. Thanks for sharing the link. Actually I was looking for something like this. I dreamed of a game with a very similiar set of features, but in another setting. Now I am considering to join the LiF-community.

1 Like

looks pretty bad. very sloppy medieval portrayal. the armor is fantasy.

Moment, moment, as far as I know only one alpha / beta. Interesting approach, but - as always in recent years - either too little or too many options. The developers get the right balance between playful freedom and micromanagement simply not go. Have never played in their childhood with figures in the sandbox ??? Is it really not hard, something to be transferred to an e-game … I do not understand it.

You are not allone, million´s dream this Dream for more than 15 years. But, they are a older generation than the most Developers, and they can´t/wan´t hear (or understand) the message.

Are you on a diet of sour grapes 213?

"Realistic-fictional world

This means that we are inspired by the medieval ages (since fall of Rome till gunpowder in Europe) and representing this time period with as much realism as possible, this is our focus as we approach every aspect of our game building process. However on the other hand, story, race archetypes, some equipment and items are fictional. Religion is more powerful in our world, allowing some localized wonders to appear or giving powers to players to recall back home or protect their divine private property from vandals. So it’s neither a historical simulation game with 100% authenticity, nor we will have elves or orcs in game. It is a hybrid of the two, leaning more towards realism."

looks interesting, will have a look again ,when the final version is coming

I don’t think it really serves any purpose for one person to simply ask if anyone’s coming here from a different game and one of the first comments from someone else is just a slam of the game itself because it doesn’t meet that person’s criteria for a worthwhile game.

Well, it can not hurt to know what else happened on the (real) world, yes. Think if there had not been a M & B, this game would not be in development. Probably much based on M & B Mods, what is not obvious at first glance.
In LiF, I doubt whether it ever runs into this form, but the approaches are not wrong and partly animating. MMO is just always very problematic because of the time zones and because most players do not have to constantly play time. With so much micromanagement but that is a prerequisite. Even a WoW meets with the players now at borders. I am skeptical …

Could be interesting. A lot for me depends on how many people intend to actually ROLE-play (and I mean play CHARACTERS, not “Tank DPS Healer”). Apparently all content is player-driven, so no NPC quest-givers.

It’s an interesting concept, but don’t know how well it will work.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve been doing some more digging into their system, and frankly, I’m left scratching my head.

IE, they have a separate skill for EACH armor type (padded, mail, plate). While I can arguably see it for articulated plate, which does give you extra considerations for how you move, mail pretty much just hangs there and I can tell you from experience requires conditioning only, but that’s it. Oh, and padded armor? Not having that skill is basically like saying you don’t know how to DRESS YOURSELF, considering a gambeson is basically a glorified tunic.

Oh, and to learn to wear mail, you first have to learn how to handle a warhorse. Huh? And using a two-handed axe requires learning to wear plate. Uh…

Also, they have such items as "Chainmail Breastplate and Chainmail Greaves. Wait…what?

While some of what they’re attempting intrigues me, I’m suddenly left seriously in doubt. They’re also mixing eras, so rather than having separate servers for different stages of the Middle Ages. Unless they MASSIVELY nerf late-Medieval rigid plate armor, it’s only going to be a few oddballs bothering with the earlier gear.

I agree with you but read the quoted part of my earlier post. They’re not attempting historical accuracy and of course they have an artificial rock paper siccor balance.

There’s a difference between that and arbitrary WTF are you thinking?! That’s just plain defiance of LOGIC.

Gotta learn how to tie those gambeson laces before touching an axe…

No, but I know about it and looking forward. They will have soem kind of early acces on STEAM, if I’m right.

Now it is on Steam as an early access…seems very interesting…anyone more experience with this title?

Looks like another we-can-make-only-bad-games-so-we-call-it-early-access-that-is-excuse-for-everything.

Sadly this seems like the case. I’ve done a few early access games on steam, and I have to say I’m more apprehensive about them now. There was a game called “The Stomping Lands” which was an interesting prehistoric dinosaur survival co-op. I bought it to play with my friend and it looked pretty legit. Well, after 2 weeks on the top 10 list of steam sales, the dev quit out on it and it hasn’t been updated since.

This is a $25 game that is completely unfinished and it won’t ever be finished. Steam will do nothing to rectify what is blatantly false advertising.

Then there’s “Rust”, which is getting revamped, but is pretty shit. The only good game I’ve backed so far is “7 days to die”.

So in my opinion, aside from Kingdom Come, I wholeheartedly do not endorse backing or buying alpha games. There’s a reason these devs haven’t been picked up by publishers. 1) they have no organizational skills 2) they know how to do a few things within an engine but can’t actually do anything technically difficult. Obviously warhorse is a anomaly in this regard.

Look at star citizen. That game is never going to come out, at least not as people want it to. $42 million or whatever and it’s going to be a steaming pile of crap.

What helped Warhorse is the fact there are established people in the gaming industry involved. I’m much more likely to take a chance on a game based on that instead of one being made by people with no real credentials or past success. Not saying that’s the case in all of these examples, but just in general.

Ah, the “Rust” of the medieval experience… It’s a great idea but it’s super indie so don’t expect too much. And CryEngine makes Torque (LiF’s engine) look like id Tech 1. Also, due to the aforementioned indie bit, the animations are pretty sub-standard.

That being said, I played it and it wasn’t the worst game I ever played. Actually had some fun. The Devs knowledge of history is laughable at best but despite that, you could do worse with your time. But fuck (can we say that?) that skill system, it’s probably the least logical system in the entire genre.

END NOTE: I am not bashing the game… Just some fair criticism.