Archer dialogue gone wrong

I’ve met the archer walking through the village and talked to him. He told me to meet him later at the archery range to talk about shooting. When I got there and talked to him, he was surprised about my dexterity with the bow and ask me if I wanted to wage again.

Quit game and restarted, talked to him and he ask for ten coins. Then I’ve tried to get a job from the blacksmith but he doesn’t talk to me. I’ve started three new games and that man keeps ignoring me. :frowning:

By the way, game is almost playable in my way-too-old computer. Running Pentium E5800 processor with 4gb of RAM and a HD6450 with 512 MB. Deactivating motion blur is the only way to play “smoothly”.

1 Like

Using any console commands in my experience causes AI time/day settings and Dialogue errors.

Must be that. I’ll try deactivating in startup, Read it in another post. Thank you.

there is also a known overall dialogue bug that makes the whole interface disappear and you have to blindly make it through the convo.

1 Like

It happened to me also.
I haven’t used any console commands.

I have started three new games during the day. In two of them, none of the NPC’s came out of their houses. In the last one, I’ve been able to do the “flute” quest and win 10 coins, but the archer was locked inside his house. Time is not running, no day/night cycle at all. I suppose this is the problem.

Today I’ve been able to do the bow quest. Talk to the blacksmith, to the peasant, get the flute, return it and get the coins to pay the archer. Even I shot a lot of arrows. I’m very happy. But something happen with the archer.

The first time I started the competition I’ve won, so he gave me back 15 coins. Second time I lost, so there were only five coins in my pocket, but I’ve talked again to the archer and he let me “borrow” the bow again for just 5 coins.

Then, I won two more times, so I got 20 coins. Tried again betting those 20 coins and lost. This time the archer didn’t let me shoot, as expected.