Before i plegde

So i have been looking out for this game for quite a while and now that the beta is out i have considered to plegde, im also eager for Star citizen which i have also plegded for but only because it is so well documentet.

Now the thing is i havent really been able to get an overview of where the game currently stands, how much content i can expect in the beta and so on. I really wanna plegde, but i gotta sort out how much there is to do in beta first.

So im asking you guys out there who already has backed the game and played the beta. Is it worth it? How many hours can you put into the beta? how does the features feel? And finally when is it released? I have read everything from Q2 to Q4 in 2016 to even 2017…

personally: I love it already, only after a few days. but, it’s a beta, so buggy as hell!
and about the release: I hope they push it so much in the future, until it’s really ready. I don’t want to hear a “release date”, that would only put stress on everyone

Hi,
The “game” is in Beta stage and many thigs there are still placeholders and unfinished features. There are known issues that keep people from playing (crashing save feature, broken crime system, broken quests etc)
So if you are looking for a game to play, I personally would not recommend to pledge.
But if you are looking for a stroll through beatuiful landscape and trying some stuff like fighting, hunting, haggling then buy the game and enoy whats there.
There is ofcourse some of the story too (and good one too), but believe me if I tell you that you will encounter many issues.

If you decide to pledge, please keep posting here in our forum so we have as much feedback as we can get.
If you will feel like reporting bugs visit our Official reporting guidline thread for more instructions.

As for the release date. WH did not yet decided on that. I should have been summer of 2016 but now it looks more like 1Q 2017, but no official statement was given.

Beta is a bug fixing stage of development not a time for adding new game mechanics and features. this must be alpha.

By definition “Alpha” would be probably more fitting name.

Though, there already was feature lock at the end of the last year. That means that all of the features exist, but not all are in the Beta.
When I said unfinished features I meant unpolished.

But basicaly this is still pretty close to Alpha than Beta.

Since when did alpha and beta have anything to do with the amount of bugs? Perhaps EA, Ubisoft and Activision changed the rules but when I was a beta tester for Red Storm and other devs (I beta tested for the original Xbox system and had a debug unit connected to my console.) the process looked like this:

Alpha stage - in-house testing done by devs only.
Beta stage - testing with a larger selected group of testers.
Gold stage - game was ready for release.

There was no such thing as open/closed betas since all of them where “closed”. The only thing that would make this alpha more than beta is the available amount of content. The betas I participated in were all full games in terms of content but the amount of bugs and glitches were very similar to the KCD beta. The AAA developers are misusing the word “beta” if you ask me since these tests are nothing more than server stress tests at best. When they make betas available everything is already set in stone and no major changes or overhauls will be done to the game since it has already been shipped to the distribution line in order to make it into the stores in time for release.

KCD is a proper beta like they used be back in the days.

2 Likes

That is for certain.
Because this is a proper game.

1 Like