►Beta 1.0 Bug List (glitches and funny things)

Coif if I recall and I believe other kind of helmets or caps as well. Perhaps they should be rendered by other means than making them visible in 3D from inside. Like 2D overlay instead of rendering objects centimeters from eyes.

BUG: when you talk to alchemy women (in the large forest-north of Talmberk) you can you only choose shopping and when you do that nothing happens and conversation over

A few issues I’ve had so far:

• It rains inside various building - for example, the a-frame living quarters for the quarry workers (across the stream from the quarry)
    • I visited the Talmburg tavern late at night. I was talking with the serving wench who had a fire behind her that lit her up from within making her look rather demonic.
    • The archery master in the soldier camp near merhojed doesn’t talk to me - bug or feature? This made it impossible for me to enter an archery contest.
    • Neither does Sir Robard at the soldier camp.
    • After a training session with the sword master I was jumped by everyone in the camp. I expected this and managed to run away. I returned to the camp on another day and apparently I’d been “forgiven”.
    • I was attacked by bandits near the quarry. After I stuck one with a few arrows and a couple of sword cuts, he gave up and ran away across the creek. And completely disappeared. No corpse, and no sign of him.
    • I was in Samopesh. Mr. Red Hat walked into a post at the tavern and continued walking into the post. I came back a day later and he was still trying to walk through the post.
    • I talked to the Samopesh archery range dude who said he had stuff to buy. I said OK and was then bounced out of the dialog without going into his store. A re-talked to him and got into the store and bought some arrows.
    • Why are the bows and arrows still referred to as “testing” bow and “testing” arrow?
    • There were three people at the talmberg inn just standing there. The next morning they were still standing there.
    • I found a guy busily eating his dinner (or lunch or breakfast) ouside at a table - in the middle of a thunderstorm!
  1. I wrote the above list as text. then I changed it to a bullet list. When I changed it again to a numbered list, the bullets didn’t disappear… (not a game bug, but a bit strange). When I converted the following to a numbered list, it restarted the numbering…

2. I’d prefer it if the days were a bit longer and the nights a bit shorter.

3. The sleeping rate is rather slow (as observed elsewhere). Someone form WH posted this is because the AI isn’t well optimized. I’m running a 6-year old i7-870 with 16gb of ram. I watched my cpu usage graphs while sleeping. Overall cpu usage was around 30%. Two threads were around 65%-70%). Perhaps those hyper-threads were running the AI? It doesn’t seem that the AI could be running flat out with so many unused cpu cycles… but then, what do I know? I only wrote firmware in C/C++ for 30 years…

4. There are some times when the rendering engine overexposes the ground so it is “blown out” as though someone was shooting photos at f/4 instead of f/8. I noticed this heading back to the Samopesh tavern from visiting the failed archery range.

5. When riding through a creek there are nice satisfying splish-splashy sounds. No such sounds exist when riding through big puddles.

6. Apples seem to spoil rather quickly. Much more quickly than they do when sitting in a bowl on my kitchen counter! Marigold, antidote, and archery potions spoil even faster…

7. The AI sysem often seems more like artificial stupidity than intelligence. While in Samopesh or at the windmill, asking a NPC where the tanner’s house is located gets directions on how to find it as if we were in Talmberg. It would be nice if geographical information in answers was tailored to one’s current location.

8. Characters seem to have minimal (if any) recollection of previous conversations. It would be cool if NPCs that Henry has met before would greet him (either happy, sad, angry, or what not) upon sight instead of waiting for Henry to “ping” them.

9. there seem to often be cheeses and bread on the shelves of various larders, but no option to pilfer such a thing.

10. When pilfering food, how about an option to just eat on the spot? For example take a single apple or carrot and consume the “evidence” right there?
    A friend mentioned to me over lunch that he had the “distance at which stuff appears” sliders maxed out and it didn’t seem to make much difference. Vegetation and objects still seemed to be “popping” into view while walking along (he’s running an OC’d i7-6700k, 16gb ram, and gtx 980ti)

I only have a gtx 970 but remain amazed at the gorgeous scenery (once it’s appeared) when riding/walking around in the fields or forests. To keep frame rates more reasonable I’m only running “medium” detail and I’ve not messed with the sliders setting the distance when objects become visible.

More later… And now off to look for the quarry master…

1 Like

I’ve run into a bug in Samopesh, I’m unsure if it has been reported before so apologies if I’m repeating something that’s been said previously.

I triggered the quest “A Lesson in Chivalry” after talking to the soldier who was giving the tavern landlady trouble. After a very brief duel he yields. After that whenever I opened up the inventory screen, even through the map screen, it closed itself after a couple of seconds. Loaded a save I made beforehand and that sorted it out.
I recall in an earlier playthrough I was able to get the quest from the tavern landlady to deal with the soldier, though I may be wrong. I’ll give it a try after getting the quest and see what happens.

I’m not sure if it’s relevant, but this happened after the big battle at the end of the main questline.

2 Likes

After switching from Windows game displays the cursor.

P.S.: The man at the end of the video standing there for about the tenth day.

I tried wearing the yellow pointy hat I “borrowed” from the guy at the cross on the path to Hyneck.
I see a cross section of the bill of the hat.

It might been said already but when I tried to help the innkeeper out at samopesh by fighting the dude in the red cap, he kept attacking me after I beat him up a bit so I killed him. Then I got the loot icon even though I didn’t touch him and within seconds I had a soldier appear to arrest me but he attacked straight away. The Bailiff watched the whole thing but didn’t say a word to me, soldiers then appeared one by one at intervals after I killed each one until I left samopesh. I rode all the way to the castle where the guard at the gate wanted me to pay a fine for what happened.

Beta report 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-pisIqqe1DmODdpd0pKc3JTT3M/view?usp=sharing

After one to one and a half hour of exploring this fantastic world I decide to try out some quests. To warm up I decide to start off with the old alpha quest, so I started with the quest were you help the guy sitting on the bench all day ( forogt what is name was ) to help in get in to his house.
So I start hedning to the black smith to learn the lock pick mechanics, he tells me to try out on his chest. And here is the problem, every time I try to lock pick the progress will just reset ( it doesn’t even say fail ). I tried on other doors and chests still the same problem.
I can’t having this problem in the alpha, so I am asking you if you have the same problem, is it a bug, a change in difficulty or am I doing it wrong?

If this is a continued save it may have been corrupted. I have yet to seen this bug reported so far.

Try starting a new game and see if the issue persists.

I have no trouble picking locks.

Continuing the discussion from [bug?] Eh? What just happend?:

Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me. But before that I while I was doing the training I performed the perfect parry and was ready for the counter attack. But the moment my wooden blade crossed the trainers I began spinning around at high speed and was about fifty metres in the air.

The screen went black and then it said I was in a free fight, it continued to be pitch black even while the trainer beat me up with his sword. Apparently the world was fine and I was back on earth again, but I was blind. Then after getting the crap kicked out of me the vision returned, and I was standing out of the training area with the trainer. But before I could ask him about the result of my “training” I was shoved the the ground and attacked by a host of heavily armed soldiers who continued to push me down while beating me over the head with maces.

Yeah, funny right? soo…Eh? What just happened?

Im Old Greg.

1 Like

looks like your Henry has kinda big vagina… Oo

1 Like

Some visual things…

Flowers in the cabin

Only shadows on the field/ no cabbage…

There is an animation for some cask

First it´s open and you see the cabbage and carrot

than you press “E” for open,… and it´s closed. I think it should be opposite…

Construction Kit error :smile:

1 Like

Guess this might have been reported since its so clear but… Lets pretand that noone have Kappa (and again, this forum needs kappa…)

Edit: Ok… I see it is repported, lets just watch some screenshots for no reason then…

But in the rain there is some random dry spots someplaces that looks…kind off weird

Not sure if this really qualifies as a bug, but I notice in the settings there are options for PC and XBOX but are there any plans to add Playstation button prompts as an option? At the very least, giving us access to the files that would allow us to make our own?

Thankfully there are no QTE in this game, but it would still be nice to be able to play with a PS controller using PS prompts. Even if PS controllers aren’t directly supported, using an emulator is a common work around for getting the PS controller to work on PC games. Of course you’re then usually stuck with prompts that aren’t PS.

Small things, likely reported already, before 2015-03-15 patch

• rain effect is present below the burning fires (military camp), fire is not extinguished despite water
  • tents in camp have awkward artifacts in rain (i guess same kind as NPCs I reported week ago)
  • edges of spears in camp lit by fires in the night have artifacts (white lines)
  • NPCs do not care about drying clothes in thunderstorm (well, i want too much :slight_smile: )
  • “fog of war” and points of interest are lost by load
    After update to new beta
  • It does not stop playing music when application is minimized and paused (in menu) :scream: and it’s trying to make noise by stressing PC as well

Small thing, new beta:
Situation: accidentally killed Reeky instead bandit, got killed in fair fight 3vs1.
Bandits reaction: Christ almighty! Omg! Help! Somebody has been killed! My god. Guard! Quick! There’s a corpse there. Coooorpse :scream: … God, he’s back again :frowning:

2 Likes

Y-M-C-A! :smiley:

That’s not seriously a glitch, but funny though.

Nevertheless, it rains like cats and dogs here and I don’t know if it is already reported but it rains even in good covered houses. On the image you can barely see the rain in the house, but ingame the house is flooded away.

Moreover the cookingfire spends no ambient light.

As reported some comments above me, the rain has some dry places which changes if I change my position in relative to the wet place. Here I put 3 pictures to show you what I mean.

And at the end of my journey I stuck in Talmberk between a fence and three barrels, no way out.