►Beta 1.0 Bug List (serious bugs)

There are some crashdumps, please let me know if they are somewhat useful https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0AvQE-aRFTEaDdlWUFRbWdfNTg/view?usp=sharing
I believe half of them are random crashes and half of them load bugs.
I don’t have debug symbols and I’m not much familiar with WinDbg but you can get stack trace and possibly more from them.

My game crashing too :frowning:

(Mabey it was here but…) when i complete quest Lesson of Chivalry, after fight i cant open inventory … or i mean, i can open inventory but after few seconds its close automatically :confused:
Ok EDIT: i can open inventory only when i attact solider again :smiley:

Definitely a bug. I’m guessing you can’t go back and talk to her?

I had the same issue. I’d just killed Runt’s gang members and saved Reeky (who I let go free, but he didn’t actually go anywhere). Anyway, I headed to the Mill and went inside to speak to Mirka who was still asleep. I woke her up and we spoke, at which point she says to meet her behind the windmill. That’s where things get buggy… she just reverts back to her standard routine, and you’re unable to interact with her or anyone else at the Mill after you trigger that conversation. This affected all my saves, and closing / reopening the game did not resolve the issue.

I ended up killing them all and stealing the millers hat. Pretty sweet hat really all things considered :smile:

1 Like

Not sure if bugs or on purpose.

Soldier’s Camp
-All but very advanced fight work. The last one freezes and crashes the game.

-After winning a fight, we are no longer rewarded with the armor we received in Alpha (so if anyone knows where to get the double curaiss, I’d be very grateful.)

-All soldiers try to attack/arrest you for theft.

Various
-Blacksmith’s don’t blacksmith. This is more of a problem as 1) shouldn’t they be able to repair broken armor/weapons? 2) should they not be able to sell armor/weapons?

-All women’s clothing clips, revealing their breasts. (Not that I mind. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Huehuehuehue)

-Lamallar shoulder plates do not show up if wearing hood. Works fine without hood.

-Inventory does not show if armor/clothing is better or worse for stats.

-Looting NPC opponents is marked as theft (yes, even Cumans are marked. Might just be because it’s a sin to desecrate the dead)

-Dropping anything makes it disappear forever.

-Shield does not block regardless of opponent’s swing. With only a sword this makes sense you don’t block all attacks, but the camera (and opponents) make it out to be that shields are very well capable of stopping blows from hitting.

-(SPOILER) If Reeky is not found before the first day is over, he is killed and only the bandits occupy the cave.

-Can walk/run/sprint regardless of weight but horse will not move if you weigh over a small amount. I constantly have this happen if I weigh 20+ lbs in equipment. Also horse cannot run for more than 30 seconds.

-Not a bug, but something I’m curious to hear from the devs. One of the pictures in the Beta has a knight in plate fighting a Cuman. His helmet is what’s getting to me; I adore sallets. Love them. But I know the style the knight had is from around 1460AD. How does he have a helmet that isn’t even from 1403AD?

Kolben’s Estate
-Timmy, despite being told and full well knowing he’s a dumbass, is stupid enough to consider fighting you over money or outright telling you where bandits are.

Thal-something or other. Beginning village area
-Castle gates are closed.

-Walking into water around bath house is death trap. Cannot escape no matter where I go, so just stuck in the water.

Have not visited Samopesh yet (and seeing the full map, I’ll have to see what’s up at that new village)

So here’s the update of my bug encounters.

Samopesh
-Getting into a fight with the red capped soldier bugs the Bailiff (Quest from Marianna the Tavern Owner) After the fight, both the soldier and the Bailiff will actively try to kill you, ending with me taking them to a field and killing them both so no one gets me in trouble.

Bandit/Cuman Camp
So I learned it wasn’t a village but a camp.
-Disguising doesn’t work (I’m told only cloth works, no armor, but I was still attacked)

-Even after fleeing, telling Sir Roberd and getting reinforcements, the Save Game button, sleeping and skip time will not work, saying you’re in combat the whole time.

-The battle will load, but then crash as soon as it’s loaded. No matter if it’s a straight playthrough or from a save.

A post was merged into an existing topic: ►Beta 1.0 Bug List (glitches and funny things)

So i’m trying to update my beta, but i receive this error:

Any way to clean everyting on it and start all over again?

1 Like

Quite right, I just couldn’t talk to her again. Though reverting to one of my own old save-games actually did help with that.

Hi @vorob ,
could you provide us with a certain log? If you open the FileExplorer and you enter %temp%, it redirects you to the desired folder.

There you have to find the log which is named KCD_Beta_date_and_time.log

Providing this file would be really helpful :slight_smile: to further analyze the issue.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5020311/KCD_Beta_Press_20160309170619.log

1 Like

KCD_Beta_Access_20160308191244.log (11.2 KB)

I am having a bundle setup error 02EEx when I try and install the game. This is the temp file that comes from it

1 Like

So the intel I’m getting is, that this should be fixed already, so if you try the launcher again, it should download properly.[quote=“Walkdich295, post:303, topic:26318”]
I am having a bundle setup error 02EEx when I try and install the game. This is the temp file that comes from it
[/quote]

The error name and the file contents do not match. Is it by any chance possible you had multiple logs in the directory and sent only one of them? Not sure how spammed that folder is, but if you do have more than 2, i think it would be best to clear those and then send the name of error again with the newly created log (that can be linked to that particular issue).

I’ve got blackscreen when I set to fullscreen, and now I can’t even change it anymore as I can’t see the settings menu.

If you delete the user_kingdomecome (in the install directory) you toss away all the settings, so the game can again launch in the windowed mode and try to set fullscreen again :slight_smile:

Thank you for this quick response ! Unfortunatly however, deleting this folder just sets the fullscreen off, and I still get a black screen, so the bug mustn’t be directly related to the fullscreen command. Also I tried to find the game log but couldn’t although I searched typing %temp% command.

PS : it works ! The game is sooo slow (it was much faster in Alpha version, even when I set on medium graphics quality) but it works.

1 Like

So I was playing KCD wonderfully last night and early this morning, but now I am receiving this error.

Note: It worked after restarting the launcher about 5 times.

1 Like

After finishing the quest “a lesson of chivalry”, i got a realy funny bug. When i want to mount my horse it dissapiers and i fall on the ground. I whistled it several times at different locations. Nothing changes.

Also my inventory closes itself after a moment, every time i try to open it. The picture of the caractar in the inventory flashes.

After intimitating timmy. Timmy startet a fight and my sword sheats itself a moment after i draw it. Timmy doesnt do any damage.(i have the helmet of the inkeeper and the Armor peaces of the 3 bandits and i chose the third option as starter class).

Thanks, I have send an email to the launcher programmer…

1 Like

“Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, preview release, prototype, technical preview / technology preview (TP),[3] or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta, where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a firm “final” release.”

gtfo.

1 Like

Thx, now it’s working.