Beta 1.0 Launcher Problems

@Alabie Did you try to download the launcher again? It seems you have an old version of the Launcher and it did not update properly.

@mryan87 Thank you, I have forwarded this issue to our QA team. :slight_smile:

Hope still you can fix your luncher sometimes ā€“ always ā€œluncher update failed exceptionā€

the game is not startable, lucher not workingā€¦

There is no beta for me at allā€¦

@DrFusselpulli

Thanks, but I just downloaded the launcher again and this is what happens:

This is what I did:

I bought the game, downloaded the launcher, played the first beta fine the first time

Then the patch came out and I ran the launcher but It would not download

You posted saying there was a new launcher, I downloaded it

Ran it and the game downloaded fully

But now the game cannot find itself, and even if I delete the contents of the warhorse folder it still thinks the game is up to date

Iā€™ve already tried deleting the KCD Beta folder in the registry too, no luck. If it knows it canā€™t find the file specified, it shouldnā€™t be too difficult to have it ask me if iā€™d like to redownload the game would it?

Hello, today when I ran the launcher I got this message about data activation.

So I filled my credentials again and then it shows this message.

Both messages are new to me. Yesterday I was able to play the game.

Hi. Anybody got this? Iā€™m going pretty mad here. How I can fix this?

Just to be clear. The money I just wastedā€¦ the US$50, was not so I could play the beta? It seems more like a donation for the devs. Maybe, just maybe it will run at release for me. Or maybe, if Iā€™m lucky, early release. After 4 days, all I have got backā€¦ is 2 emails. One telling me ā€œwe arenā€™t on steam anymoreā€ and another accusing me of handling my errors wrong. ā€œReport everything instead of problem solving alone.ā€ Not even one tiny clue on how I can fix the issueā€¦ I canā€™t run the game guys! It wonā€™t open, not even a little bit!

@DrFusselpulli

Any news about the launcher for this week?

Any chance you are reffering to http://support.kingdomcomerpg.com/issues/116 ? Canā€™t help you without knowing more about the issue and you havenā€™t provided the DxDiag file we requested, so we could possibly assist you more.

There are however now more options we can do in terms of analyzing the problem so please in order to solve the issue follow the linked thread. As your crash is likely game related and not launcher related :slight_smile: .

I am trying to install the launcher and anywhere between 0 and 7% generally closer to zero I get an error message reading ā€œServer took to long to respondā€ or something to that affect. I saw some other posts related to this and tried some of the solutions they had such as leaving it to download all night or running as a admin. Nothing has worked for me so far, any other solutions people have come up with?

Have you considered weak internet connection?
Maybe a firewall could have something to do with it. Have you tried disabling it or making an exception?
Just guessing here.

I download speed is usually between 1- 2 MB so itā€™s not great but it downloads everything else. I made exceptions and turned it off all together. No change.

I am having a very similar problem to you - After an update, the game didnā€™t work properly - caused some crashes. I decided to uninstall the game and try for a fresh install. The result was that when I opened the launcher, it detected that the (nonexistent) game files were up to date, giving me the prompt to start the game. I then get the very same error posted above. It is my sincere hope that they either patch this or kick the launcher. I am very happy to back this game, but when I am promised beta access and denied it due to technical issues, I feel rather cheated.

And I should mention that I have attempted to delete and re-download the launcher several times. I know not whether there is a more specific file linked to the launcher that needs to be removed again.

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy and disappointed at the same time. Glad Iā€™m not alone in this bug, but disappointed that tomorrow marks week 3 that I have been unable to play.

This really shouldnā€™t be too hard to fix. The launcher is checking a file somewhere that is saying Iā€™ve already downloaded the game. Either tell me where this file is so I can delete it or just add a button to FORCE a game re-download when it fails to find game files. The latter is so easy to do it could have been a hot fix the same day I posted about the issue. Assuming the launcher is written in c++ or one of the languages a step up from it, the dialogue box is already there, the ability to start a download is already there. Perfect setup for a simple workaround. Add a button or just do another dialogue box after it fails asking if Iā€™d like to download the game.

I seem to have an issue similar to and possibly identical to Baktus, Alabie, and crieden.

After uninstalling the game and re-downloading the launcher today I am unable to start the game. The launcher starts, asks for validation, I enter my info, the launcher checks for updates on itself, the game, and them says it is up to date, displaying the start game button. The game never starts downloading and when the start game button is pressed I get a pop-up saying the game has failed to launch because ā€œThe system cannot find the file specified.ā€

As others have said the launcher seem to be checking a file somewhere outside the program files folder or a registry listing to confirm the existence of the game. Checking the program files folder shows nothing but a user data folder is there.

My humble suggesting for the future would be to have the launcher check for the existence of the gameā€™s *.exe or other integral game files as opposed to what is used now which is giving the launcher false positives like this and locking users out of running the game.

It looks like these folks have been waiting for about a month for a fix and you can now add my name to the list. Can we get an update on this?

I have paid for game and downloaded the Beta Key. When ever I try to launch I get this message:
ā€œwindows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the itemā€.

Have tried launching the game in administrative mode?

Set yourself as admin and try again.

Yes, I am the administrator, and I tried several time to run ā€œas adminā€. I download the beta key, when I click on it to run as admin I get the error message. the beta file then just goes away. Iā€™ve tried on my lap top too, with no success. Even tried to download from my mac pro, saving to cd and trying to load to my pc. Same results.

I reported the bug and it got an assignee 6 days ago, still no update

sigh At what point will they actually fix this? Itā€™s really depressing that such a simple bug hasnā€™t been fixed yet.

1 Like

Im now out of game since 28 days. Your luncher is still broken: still update failed exceptionā€”

Its nice that you have german website now, but maybe first fixing your issues is better???

if its for me not possible to come back in game because you have technical issues i want my money back. I played about 45 min your game for 50 ā‚¬ā€¦and wait no about one month for your solution of your luncher problemā€¦