Beta 1.0 Launcher Problems

@akimarus
Your issue is caused by corrupted file located in game folder. Fortunately it can be recreated, you will only have to login via launcher again (and you will also lose game settings).

Delete this file. However, before doing so, you should send it to us, so we can try figuring out, what caused the corruption:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhorse Studios\KCD_Beta\user_kingdomcome\profiles\settings.xml

@Todesreiter
We are doing some changes on our server coordinating game distribution. To put it simply, you will not be able to use installed launcher anymore (launcher will not communicate with our server anymore).

No worries though, workaround is simple. You just need to download new launcher from your profile on www.kingdomcomerpg.com and run it. Launcher should the update itself and everything should continue to work then. If, by any chance, the autoupdate fails, please send us new log files again.

If it does not work out for both of you, please write again.

1 Like

Thank you. Again I do not know how to download the launcher. I go to https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/get-the-game/pc-digital-edition
Where I got it for the first time directly after payment and the message says ā€œYou already own this or higher tier.ā€ - I see no link to download from :frowning: .

You will find a link to your Launcher in your Profile on www.KingdomComeRPG.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
thank for reply.
I have delete setting.xml (and you will find a copy hereafter).
Unfortunatly when I tried to login via launcher Iā€™ve got a new error message :" An error is occured during access validation : An error has occured during the sending of the demand".
Iā€™ve tried to change my password but the error still persist.

ā€¦Iā€™m a black catā€¦

Aki
settings.txt (0 Bytes)

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ okay, maybe our guess was somehow wrong here. We will take a look at it again. :slight_smile:

Hi, your settings.txt is empty. Is this correct? And do you have other new launcher logs for us please?

Hi KCD fans,

I tried to play KCD today and the launcher has lost my login details, and thinks the game isnā€™t installed any more - when it is.

Seems strange for over a week now the launcher has ā€˜just workedā€™ and now it wantā€™s me to install the game again?

I can still play KCD by using the .exe for it, but Iā€™d rather not download the whole thing again.

1 Like

I have the same issue.

Okay, we got some more of this problems. I see. When did you too download the launcher the last time?

May 25th for me, did the launcher update a few days ago with the last game update?

Strange thing is the launchers ā€œdate modifiedā€ is today. As far as I know I didnā€™t accept any updates for it.

Yes, there was an update of the certification in the Launcher on the 26th of May. It is possible that the problems solves itself if you just download the launcher again from your profile on www.KingdomComeRPG.com. Can you may try this and report back if it worked or not?

With the launcher downloaded from the website, it still insists the game is not yet installed!

1 Like

Thank you. This is helpful. So it seems it is not the new certification.
Unfortunately the Launcher Programer is not in the office anymore, but he is already informed about the problem. Please stay tuned, it is possible that we will need some more information from you later again.

@Miro if you read this, you will find a Gamelauncherlog of @niederath here:

From looking at the logbackups - I played on the 25th, 26th, 28th and 29th. With this problem only starting today.

Could you please upload this logbackups here? They could be useful to find a solution to this, which would fasten up the process. :slight_smile:

Sure thing, here they are.

KCD Build(1) 25 May 16 (20 09 51).log (5.0 KB)

KCD Build(1) 25 May 16 (23 13 09).log (4.7 KB)

KCD Build(1) 25 May 16 (23 22 46).log (5.0 KB)

KCD Build(1) 26 May 16 (16 34 26).log (5.3 KB)

KCD Build(1) 26 May 16 (21 00 15).log (4.7 KB)

KCD Build(1) 26 May 16 (22 12 04).log (5.0 KB)

KCD Build(1) 26 May 16 (22 14 50).log (4.7 KB)

KCD Build(1) 26 May 16 (22 26 38).log (4.7 KB)

KCD Build(1) 28 May 16 (22 47 13).log (5.3 KB)

KCD Build(1) 29 May 16 (00 29 50).log (5.6 KB)

KCD Build(1) 29 May 16 (13 48 11).log (5.9 KB)

KCD Build(1) 29 May 16 (15 28 01).log (5.9 KB)

KCD Build(1) 29 May 16 (21 43 43).log (6.5 KB)

KCD Build(1) 30 May 16 (00 17 48).log (5.6 KB)

1 Like

Amazing, thank you. :slight_smile:

Yesterday i was playing the game fine until today it said that the game was not installed even though it was. So i tried to re install and it wouldnt work, i then deleted the warhorse studio folder inside programme files x86.

Now it says that it ā€œfailed to start the gameā€ - error occurred whilst installing game

any ideas? im on windows 10 on bootamp

thanks

solved it, used a programme called iobit uninstaller to uninstaller the actual game instead of deleting the folder, couldnā€™t find any way to uninstall it other than this though?

Just wondering if anybody knows why it asked me to reinstall the game in the first place?

thanks

1 Like

Thanks mate, I solved it this way too (Iobit, etc). Cheers