Beta Access:Installation failed

I’m using launcher.exe from my kingdomcomerpg.com profile. At first try I successfully installed game, but it suffers with “Specified file cannot be found” issue. I delete the game and tried to reinstall, but it doesn’t possible for me now. At the very begining of install process (after successful login) it says:

It generates the same log, but I don’t see any error:
KCD_Beta_Access_20160304112953.log (2.8 KB)

Currently no file - even profile - is created in C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhorse Studios\KCD_Beta

Can I fix this? Somewhat reset the game and install it again?

P.S. I’m Kickstarted backer, but I don’t receive any Beta code(?)

Thanks

Hello @darnel,

If you get this error message, download the Launcher again. There is a fixed version downloadable.
Otherwise the Launcher will update itself in approximately one hour.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ►Beta 1.0 Bug List (serious bugs)

@DrFusselpulli,

can you check this. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Does the launcher update?

Probabbly not. After login it shortly says: “Verifying license” and “Checking game updates” and then there is “Install game” button.

I thought it’s “download new launcher” or “wait for self-update”, sorry.

No problem, we will try to fix it. :slight_smile:

I probably made some mess in registry, because I solved problem by reinstalling Windows. I can provide more details if you want.

1 Like

Every detail can help, WH or other forum members… :slight_smile:

• First install was on Windows 7 SP1 (via Bootcamp on Macbook Air 2013)
  • Encountered “Specified file cannot be found” issue, so I chose to reinstall the game
  • I don’t find uninstall, so I delete “C:\Program Files (x86)\Warhorse Studios” folder
  • Launcher then believes that my game is up to date and didn’t download anything
  • I deleted all keys from registry refering to “Kingdom Come” or “Warhorse” (Don’t try this at home!)
  • Launcher then tries to download game again, but repeatedly says “Unable to install game” at the very begining. Even updated launcher didn’t helps. I noticed that no files was created in KCD_Beta folder. Previously launcher created some profile file with license key (?)
  • I tried to reinstall Windows 7, but due to unrelated problems, I eventually chose Windows 10 Home (thanks to Dreamspark)
  • In Windows 10 installation and game launch worked well.

Windows 7 or 10; 8GB RAM; about 20GB free space before install

1 Like