Beta Launcher Black/Blank screen

I downloaded the Beta Access and when I open it, the intro movie plays with the background story but afterwards I only get a black page and cannot actually access the Beta! Please Help me

Hello and Welcome @teemobae

It could be an issue with your sound driver.
http://support.kingdomcomerpg.com/issues/613

Oh, i’m understand. U’re prefer the white screeen.

Hello,
I have had the same problem since I bought the Beta.I don’t even get the movie playing first just a black
screen.How exactly do you disable the sound card and go back to on board sound with the driver mentioned in the article?

I checked out my sound driver and its updated. I also tried just disabling the sound driver all together and didn’t help. Is it possible that the problem is being worked on and i should just wait patiently until it is fixed?

@ProkyBrambora any ideas or news from you about this problem?

Hi,
We are not working on beta anymore, so no fixes from our side unfortunately.

I am aware of three factors that had similar symptoms.

• graphic drivers (some newer versions did not work, so rolling to older ones helped some people)
  • sound driver/card
  • older service pack for windows (especially windows 7)

One thing you can do is to send us kcd.log that should be created in game directory.
Send it here prokop.filcik@warhorsestudios.cz
Though as the game was actually loaded i fear there won’t be much to learn from it.
(note, if you will be sending a mail, please write down your forum nickname and put there the link to this discussion)

1 Like