Beta worth it?

That video…

Didn’t take any armor from any bodies. None. Not even a coif.

I sat there watching him walking backwards for 3 minutes against one Cuman. XD Didn’t even try to fight till the last 10 seconds. Gotta ask though, did no one tell the tester that fighting two guys at once was suicide?

I will admit that was a nice battle, but 5 guys just stand in a line. ‘‘Should we help? Naw, our comrades will finish off the Cumans. Let’s just stand here. XD’’

A friend of mine, a backer of KCD KS, says the beta isn’t worth it so far. Of course, you’ve backed the game, you feel more involved and somehow responsible / obliged to give the game a run. He says Beta severely lacks in combat, although he’s hopeful things will improve (finishing moves, counter-attacks from behind, etc., so the game is more fast-paced for different tastes).

I’m positive the devs know the pitfalls of game mechanics gone too far and too complex. There’s been numerous example of that in games industry, so games to learn from are present :slight_smile:

If you buy now, you get the beta now and the final game (when it´s done). The beta is a bonus!
You can always wait for a later.
If you have a good PC and you are fine with some bugs,… it´s time to buy!!!

Unless your friend is a member of the press (or perhaps Illuminatus tier?) they probably aren’t playing the Beta the are paying he alpha. Beta is supposed to release sometime tomorrow.

2 Likes

Beta hasn’t released to anyone but press, regardless of backer status or location. Of course, there may be small internal testing being done, but it’s not given to kickstarter backers.

Beta isn’t out yet, your friend was playing the alpha which is just a tech demo

As said in the Video… this seemed to be a very EARLY version of the BETA… They probably did some fixing in the meantime… At least I hope so :wink:

As far as I know, it is released today, since it is march the 3rd… if my calender works correctly (that silly old-fashioned paper thing… :wink: )

Can’t wait for the Beta release, did they mention a time frame when it’s gonna hit today?

Couldn’t play the alpha for months because of the crimson bug. :frowning:

Beta is supposed to release sometime today*…

1 Like

which gives them another 13 hours MET… :wink:

Yes, Beta should be here Today :smiley:

6 Likes

Will there also be a new Video update? Thanks.

We DO love you :kissing_smiling_eyes: :laughing:

1 Like

Not exactly a Video Update, we had our last Video Update a couple of days ago:

But we will have a new Beta trailer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ahhh cool, wasnt the beta supposed to come out this evening?

Exactly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks good sir :wink:

1 Like

You may be from another country then me mate when I posted this it was still March 2nd.

Strange question… The question you should ask is if you want to participate in the beta to make the release candiate better by submitting feedback during the development of this game. Problem these days is that most betas are just publicity stunts for AAA titles and work as stress tests at best. The KCD beta is a proper beta like they used to be back in the golden days before Call of Battlefield ruined everything. A beta is not finished. There are more bugs than in the Amazon and there are countless glitches and optimization issues. So if I should answer your question: Yes, it IS worth it if you want to help out as a beta tester and provide useful feedback to Warhorse Studios. If that is not the case it would probably be better to wait until the release candidate is out.

5 Likes