Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

i’m for a realistic level of gore and not somting that looks like a lady on here monthly time

Yeah its pretty hard to cut though our skin muscle and bone with any weapon expect maybe a 2h weapon. So i think you should really only get gore with axes and things like that. I think it would be cool if the head got crushed by a mace (im not talking exploding heads like chivalry). I also think gore should really only happen on lightly armored people or people with no armor at all. Maybe a bit more blood and have a blood pool under a dead body. Also mafia 2 had this really cool feature when you walked through blood you had bloody footprints i think that would be really cool if kingdom come had that too.

2 Likes

I said it before, and I shall say it again: We need a true neutral balance. No blood fountain, but no Australian level censorship. True realism, means blood, possibly a lot in the right situation (i.e, throat slit), but obviously no blood fountains from simple arm cuts.

My leg had a rather nasty cut wound once (split when fell on sharp wood) Believe me, their was some blood =I

1 Like

First Wicker i love you. I agree that realism should come first which means blood and if you don’t like blood you really should look for something that is about realism. But Wicker i would like to have decapitations and limb severing.

1 Like

Sure, but slicing off a knights arm might prove challenging.

Here is a violence equation:

Strength, large, sharp weapon / No armor = Limb severing
Weak, blunt arming sword / Plate armor = You’re screwed

1 Like

This about realism… That’s the point… People lost their heads, and limbs in real life, of course they should in this.

1 Like

Has anyone actually been arguing for Limb severing on an armored opponent?

I agree completely properly armored fighters wouldn’t lose limbs willy nilly, but unarmored peasants yes with the proper level of skill.

Just for Fun.

those swords will ruin someone’s day. Have u seen the pole axe one? if that thing connects i dont care what armor u have where ever that hits its gone man.

I have, Ive seen most if not all of their videos I’m a fan of their products.

the only thing I’m curious about though is how it would compare to a traditionally made weapon.

We should maybe take a look at for example the bodies of Wisby. If I remember correctly, some have a pretty good amount of limb damage, and we can see horrible injuries, broken skulls and shot-trough spines at other places too (I had the fortune to read about a guy - and check out his face in painting - who lived with a f*cing LANCE in his head for some weeks until he died of infections) but not a whole lot of severed limbs at all. As far as I know, it isn’t trivial to decapitate someone even with an executioner’s sword (there is a reason why they invented the guillotine).

well, on the other hand, in many, many unarmored systems one targets the hands and wrists. one of the most common ends to duels was from “loose fingers”. so a certain amount of amputation would be realistic. it would be interesting if tendon and muscle cutting were implemented (hamstringing and cutting the trapezius for example) but difficult to implement

If you want realistic gore from armored targets, they need to add a crushing/bleeding system, Basically, if you strike someone in the head with a club (or mace, flail, quarterstaff, etc), with enough force, his helmet will cave in, piercing the skull and damaging the brain. This usually kills the poor sod and produces enough blood to appease a Gears of War fan as head injuries procure more blood than most other types of injuries (with the exception of cutting into major arteries, I believe).

So, with regard to dismemberment and decapitation, I just want to point out this.

In a realistic game, be aware that anything you ask to be able to happen to enemies, must be able to happen to you too. Personally, I don’t wanna make a mistake early in the game, and have to play the rest of it with only one arm. Or have to hop around on my only remaining leg while I try in vain to steady my bow. :wink: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

pegs man all the way and hooks like em pirates.

1 Like

But thats one thing Ive always wanted!

I hate playing a game surviving several savage battles and have 0 signs. in fact a basic scar system would be nice to see.

Yeah, I was being mostly facetious, but I agree with you on this one. When I was in college I worked on a team creating a mock description and development cycle for a make-believe game of our choosing. The one we came up with had a feature similar to the scar system you mention.

If a single blow does sufficient damage, it should leave a scar, right? @warhorse has already showcased their clothing “grime” system, so I would only hope that a similar process could be used to dynamically create visual artifacts on a model’s textured skin.

I’d also really love to see an item/equipment breakdown system that at least brushes reality. Over time armor may become dented, or rusted, or cracked. In addition to the quite standard lowering of it’s defense value, it should also show scratches, and other signs of being beaten. Same goes for weaponry… wood should splinter and metal should chip, rust, and dull.

Now, as someone whose never actually developed a game, I can’t say how doable this is. But I think this would make a much better stretch goal than “optional3rd person view:wink:

8 Likes

this would be my stretch goal of choice if its not already being implemented.

1 Like

I support there being some blood and gore. So long as it stays realistic.

+1 for bloody muddy battlefields.

Maybe instead of cutting off someones head we could “almost” cut it off? May be too high impact though. They do need to be careful not to cut off their market too much. Germany is pretty strict on Blood in games, so I’d imagine there will be a way to disable it.

why is germany so strict on it ? i live in netherland and its no problem here :smile:)

Yeah blood and gore while it might not sound like much now is needed for this to be realistic. My snake bit me the other day and in seconds my hand had blood dripping out of it (shes got needle teeth but it was enough to cover my hand in blood). Rome 2 total war battles were crap until they modded it with the Blood and Gore mod. I don’t play without it.

Depending on the armor type severed limbs and heads wouldn’t go astray either, especially from horseback.

1 Like