Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

While I think dismemberment might be interesting to have, I seriously doubt the realism of it. shrugs

I would prefer it to be adjustable in the options myself for both for increasing game play quality in lower end machines and so that the game can be somewhat more family friendly if desired.

once again, this should help you:

think more feedback on how much damage you did to the enemy should be great. They should bleed more if stabbed in the right area, or die straight away if you managed to land a full force blow on unprotected area.
Let’s say I hit my enemy on the unprotected head with an axe - that should kill straight away if I put all my force into it.
Makes armour very important too for the player

1 Like

I have the same feeling :slightly_smiling:
I would also love to see some bigger effect after stabbing unarmored guys
 I mean when you stab somebody, your sword should probably pierce him to some degree depeding on stregth of the strike
 Right now it feels bit like my sword is totally dull :smiley:

Yes, at the moment you stab someone with a longsword through their skin and it feels you’re at recreation event, the guy pretends he’s hurt :slightly_smiling:

I was thinking about this game too. Their bleeding system is great. I have never seen anything like it in any other game.

No it occured. For instance remains from a soldier from the battle of wisby showed that someone had cleaved through both his legs in one blow

Hell yeah I want it!
Maybe no decapitations? That’s not possible with a sword in a fight, but something like breaking arms, stabbing people in the eyes or heart (Shadow of Mordor-style http://youtu.be/wNUBTtNRB54),maybe even 3rd person view for a beautifull kill would be simply awesome.

1 Like

While I dont yet have the game I have watched the Reformist Play this. I find the blood to be accurate, but I would prefer that they don’t focus their attention on creating an Insane Blood and Gore fest
 Instead they should focus on building their world and polishing their day. Also if you want more Gore I believe they said mods will be available so wait for that :wink:

Not really any such thing as a “blunt sword” - as a club it is fairly ineffective, all it’s utility comes from sharpness, so it behoves the owner to maintain an edge on his weapon.

Armour is resistant to slashing and to a lesser extent piercing and swords lack the impact to be reliable against armoured opponents. Then a mass weapon (either a sharp axe or a blunt hammer/mace) would be better - there isn’t much to choose between these with most armour - they have similar mass with a similar concentration and balance, which is very different from that of a sword (ironically swords used half sworded approach the value of a mace (the hilt and pommel are of similar weight and balance when the grip in on the blade).

1 Like

I made that post in 2014, but looking at it, it seems like I was saying you’d be screwed trying to fight an armored opponent using a sword, it seems like you’re agreeing

forget slowed movement if you break someones arm they shouldn’t be able to use the arm at at all
let it flail around like in dead island

on this video at 1:13 he gets shot and stays up for a while with only a trail of blood dripping down him people don’t just flop like a ragdoll if they get hit by an arrow

But they are not able to fight anymore.

He clearly wasn’t hit in an artery, if he had been then he would have most certainly died or at least been in critical condition a lot sooner.

I did not say this, nor did my post imply this, so i have no idea why you are saying this.

A arrow cut with every movement in muscle and organs. So if you get a n arrow you are not able to move as much like if you get a non critical bullet.

just as much blood and gore as needed to stay in the field of "realism"remembering that this is a game and in this topic has some limitations of course
after all said and done
only the possible (in game terms) blood and gore needed for keepin`it right

Obviously We don’t want this game to become unrealistically bloody because that would destroy its realism. With that being said, there is a need for some sort of gore system, as well as improved deaths. I have plenty of faith that Warhorse studios intends to implement more gore, and some sort of rag-doll/death effect (instead of the scripted staggering, and clutching of the stomach deaths that are in the beta). It is a beta after all. As I said, I have plenty of faith that these developers will add more tasteful gore (if thats a thing), but they have to do a lot more stuff before adding on finishing touches such as that. Keep in mind that these are not the average developers, they are making a game based on a realistic portrayal of there own history, they would not simply leave out such an important part as gore on a medieval battle field. I can not understand the people who don’t want more gore though, to have the capability to disable it is one thing, but to have it removed completely is absurd, this game is based on realism not fantasy. Anyways
 all I have to say is Keep up the good work Warhorse I greatly enjoyed the beta, and I look forward to playing the finished product!

I will have to disappoint you.

As far as I know, gore system is not planned to be implemented. So there will be not dismemberment or decapitating.
But dont be sad we do have some nice half burned bodies of villagers and horses.

And as far as death animations go, we are using combination of animation and ragdoll. So the animations you see in beta should be the same or similar to those we will use for release.

We are doing this because ragdoll effect is really unreliable and in many cases ends with corpses stuck in strange positions which are even less realistic than any animation we will use.