Blood and Gore.? Post here if you want it!

people thinking realistic=bloody and gory. sorry, you’re wrong. that’s hollywood bs to make things more dramatic. according to the way people are talking here, they probably think the blood and dismemberment in 300 is realistic.

1 Like

Some is ok as long as it is realistic. too heavy of organ exposure and such would not be needed. Rather the devs spend more time on story and such. My question is: Do we want green blood options like back in the olden days of gaming? (This was a joke by the national joking bureau, please do not take this seriously.)

More blood and dismemberment = better. I’m really tired of all these “Rated T for Teen” movies and games. Late Shadow Warrior was cool, for example.

Who says it needs to be that much anyways?
I’m confident with Warhorse as their ambitions are to have a realistic, authentic and historically accurate role-playing game.

That’s wrong as well. Everyone knows that 300 is stylized and not realistic. But fighting with melee weapons is bloody.

Umm I have one word…colosseum. And that was entertainment back then.

The blood and gore needs to make sense accordingly to what type of attack you make, and where you hit someone. For example, if you fire an arrow/bolt into someone, there should only be bleeding and no blood spraying all over the place.

Please, not too much blood and gore (also, no sparks… unless my armor is made of flint). There is too much in most games. Unless you are trying to make things look silly:

2 Likes

Lol first off monty python holy grail one of my favourite films. To the point though they said it’s going to be “realistic”. There is going to be lots of violence and there is going to be gore. I mean the torture methods they used were absolutely barbaric.

Indubitably! Realism in this setting without B&G is incomplete.

Its pretty bloody hard to cut someones limbs off in armour

1 Like

Almost impossible is the better wording… :wink:

1 Like

So this topic has been posted ALOT but I just wanted to put in my two cents worth. As someone who has gotten the end of my finger smashed off I have a very small amount of experience with real blood and gore :smile:. I’ve read some people saying things about decapitation being possible through multiple hits. Well yeah! But just think for a minute. How many hits is a guy going to take to the neck from a large bladed weapon in battle and stay up? The fact that beheading people was sometimes hard even in a execution should be considered too. As for other limbs it would be very unlikely for arms or legs to be severed in a single blow if the victim was wearing any sort of padding. If a hit was deep enough to come close, the guy would probably be done for. Also blood should only spurt when a main artery is cut and exposed but should stain clothes and run out onto the ground when a guy dies or is incapacitated.

I agree with some of the above posters. I don’t think we need too much blood unless someone is getting ripped in half, hit an artery or something similar. I’ve often wondered why armored characters are bleeding in other video games, as if the armor wasn’t even there.

That was hillarious! :smiley:

That’s right…but not everybody has an armour :slight_smile:

I would leave blood&gore to the modding community.

1 Like

Combat in the middle ages was bloody and brutal.
Maybe a middle ground with the game can be reached or simply put it in the
game
with an option to turn it on or off in the options menu.
What rating is this game going for as this will effect it.

well yes but in a realistic way!

1 Like

It may not be just blood and gore that is needed, but a good feedback system to let you know you are damaging your opponent or are being damaged yourself. Blood and gore is one way of doing this and I think it is a good way to continue on with the realistic feel this game is going for. However, it needs to be done without being too overdone (Ex: Gears of War). Though it works in Gears, the blood and gore for this game needs to be done in more realistic terms. The key is finding that balance along with giving the player the crucial feedback that is needed to make the combat aspect standout and give it that extra polish. The type of attack done on an NPC or player should match the amount of blood/gore that happens. Ex: An NPC hit with a sword to an unshielded arm would be different than an NPC getting smashed by a trebuchet shot.

1 Like