Burn buildings

No you can not.

Doing that would require a system to relocate affected NPCs. Being able to do that could also dramatically affect the story. They’d have to account for a lot of variables, if an Inn is an important place, now it’s burned down and that has to be accounted for, etc.

You might burn things in quests, no clue.

2 Likes

Yes it is possible to burn some things, but no whole houses.

2 Likes

Except as an indirect consequence of your actions - e.g. farms could be burnt if you cause garrisons to be occupied elsewhere & in reprisal to quote one example inferred from content in Alpha and Beta slices and the comments made on their context.

I thought. Probably bridges to burn really hard, because the boards can be wet, the locks are mostly made of stone, and the house burning is not advisable as they can be valuable items and this will attract a lot of attention. And in those days there was no gasoline with which to ignite something and quickly

Use some pitch instead. Sure it isn’t as good as gasoline but not to bad for a nice fire. Also gunpowder can do the job, if you can get some.

1 Like

I believe there will be burning in the game, but only in some specific quests. The environment is hardly destructible and in such quest driven game this could cause a lot of problems.

Although I enjoy destructible environment, but with realistic degree. For example to smash a wooden fence or a house door with your axe, or to chop down a tree, but nothing fancy or over-realistic. It will be cool to use a torch and to burn some hale bales, for example to cause a distraction, but only when there is a logical reason behind your actions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a note on Medieval law: There are just a handful of capital crimes during the Middle Ages but three are considered very serious - Banditry/piracy, assassination and arson. These particular crimes were considered so heinous that in some areas, no trial was required. The person caught in the act could be executed on the spot.

A fire in a town could potentially level the town, kill numerous citizens and leave many people homeless and exposed to the elements so an attack on one building amounted to an attack against an entire community.

3 Likes

A problem is Using the torch. When I come to a house f.e. in front of the house, it lokks like I try to burn the roof.

I think it’s good, when I come in a house the way of wearing the torch is changing. May be I have the torch in front of myself and deeper.

1 Like

but the game has a story which should adhere to

IT seems the game has a LIMIT to how big it can be on the printed DVD set.

So, if there is a Limit of (average) 4.7Gb of Data per DVD, then they have to cut the cloth somewhere.
(Tbh, I dont know if the actual game is 2 DVDs or what [and the Game price is affected on what the pre-determined number per set])

Anyway, when I asked about DLC many people would like to see, they locked the thread.

Again with another Irrelevant post from a not very clever troll.

Like not even @SirWarriant post’s mindless drivel this bad.

You want people to bite some bait maybe not start off an obvious bait username. I mean if @Madaras taught us anything people are far more interested in Homosexuality life in the middle ages.

Man I wish the patron saint of Trolls would grace us, @213 why doth you abandon thee!

Shit needs Regulated.

TL;DR

Yeah burning buildings would be pretty cool, cry-engine has some beautiful burning mechanics.

1 Like

Do not even speak that foul creatures name, if it is uttered two more times he shall return stronger than ever.

1 Like

…the question may not be if it is possible to burn down buildings, but is it possible to burn down the forum?

1 Like

I don’t know about the forum, but ive burned quite a few threads down in my day. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Arsonist! :grimacing:

1 Like

I’d rather think of myself as the League of shadows. When a thread becomes old, decrepit, and cancerous i burn it down so its rot can’t spread to other threads, much like when a forest becomes old and dry, an inevitable fire will sweep across it getting rid of the old, dead trees eventually bringing new life.

2 Likes

Yeah, sure :joy:

1 Like

Looks like this topic has a burnout…
let´s cool it…

2 Likes