Can we all shut up about Chivalry?

Hey guys I don’t mean to sound rude here at all, but I’m really getting tired of hearing people want this to have combat like Chivalry. First off why do you want it? Is it because it’s extremely easy and you can run around like a gazelle in full plate armor? Is it because you think you can totally own 3-4 fully armored knights in a single fight? Is it because you love to drag so hard that realistically you would loose all velocity and force by the time you hit your opponent but in Chivalry it doesn’t effect damage output at all. Is it because you like to spaz out your character so that you look like your having a seizure, and your opponent will panic parry?

I ask you this friends because I have over 700 hours in Chivalry and these are the tactics I employ to dominate everybody, and guess what? It’s fun as hell, but it’s also the exact reason why I’m supporting this game. I want a REAL sword fighting game where if I’m fighting multiple opponents I WILL get my ass kicked. I want a game where I can’t kill a fully armored knight with a small dagger. I want a game where if I try to even do a reverse overhead I’ll get stabbed in the back which is what any smart fighter would do. Or a game where I can’t go matrix mode and who ever looks like the biggest idiot wins. I am so tired of Chivalry and all the bullshit that I have to do just to beat people.

It’s unrealistic and to me, it’s not fun anymore. I want a real fighting system and this game has finally implemented one where I legit have to practice for hours just to get good. If you guys supported this game you supported it probably because you wanted a realistic medieval game. So why are you wanting them to go the Chivalry route?
One thing to keep in mind:
-You get better as you play. As you play and your skill increases your parry time is slower and is more easy to time.

14 Likes

I pledged this game for his realism, especially for the realistic combat system. If it had been like Chivalry I would have ignored this game.
I love Dungeons&Dragons RPG games but Kingdom Come is wonderful under every aspect; something of new in the videogames panorama where usually the AAA games are triple A for the marketing costs and not for the quality.

The most ridiculous thing is that people want deep plots and complex gameplay but at the end you see them play only games that are the opposite of what they had ask.

3 Likes

I pledged it mainly to have a realistic medieval game. The combat isn’t the best part of that game. Also I can’t imagine that the storyline will be a plessure to play. All in all I am still pessimistic on that game. I guess it’s not gonna be the best game I ever played but maybe I will be able to enjoy it until other games get released. Also I have to say that (in my opinion) chivalry is one of the worst games I played so far. Don’t know why, maybe it’s the boring hack’n slash combat or the loss of any goal for me to play it.
Also the community is full of stupid rage kids. (not ment to offend anyone, it is my honest experience with that game)

That statement is just so wrong :slight_smile: .
I want deep plots and really enjoy complex gameplay, but still I play other games because there is nothing else on the market for me.

1 Like

Maybe for you, but for the mass this is true.

I don’t think so. The mass is playing the best advertised games. Also most of those games can be described as “cool”. Just look at the Call of Duty and Assassin’s Creed generation. It all comes down to a good advertising and graphics. Even if the game is total bullshit like the ones I did mention.

2 Likes

I was an user of a web magazine that represent perfectly the thought of the mass. Many users say that they love games with deep plots, complex gameplay and freedom of choices but, at the end, you discover that they play only with the best advertised games with recycled plots from films and a gameplay easier than that of a game '90s.
Fortunately I dislike most of the “AAA” games and I found that through Kickstarter were born beautiful games. The mass marketing kills the inventive of the developers and the good taste of gamers.

Business giveth, business taketh it away… Startup companies make great games… then they become rich, or sell out to the rich turning into cash cows and giving us crap recycled but extremely well advertised games… it still gets the teenagers but by the time you are my age (25) you want something for adults, something you can play to relax after work/when tired of daily chores… I don’t remember what was the last big title game I played, you can’t impress mature audience with big explosions and “awesome” ridiculous looking weapons, immortal heroes, with only upside being amazing graphics that we have to turn down anyway etc…

I find that smaller developers make games that are faar better/realistic(even if they are lacking in graphics department) and interesting. e.g CD Projekt Red, Warhorse, Taleworlds… long time ago Bethesda was also a small company and if you think about it, their best franchises come from the time when they were small… now their stuff is gradually getting more and more generic/boring as they get more and more popular (just my opinion)

Corporatism kills what Capitalism creates.

Here’s to Warhorse never selling out!