Can't even start Alpha

I can’t play it either :confused: “Can’t run the game - unknown error” says my Steam…

1 Like

Tried that msvcr120.dll thing.

It did have an effect but not a good one. Now when I tried to start it now, nothing at all happens. Doesn’t even have the manners to give me an error message. It’s like it ignored my request to open the game. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Did you start the game via steam? Try to start the game.exe directly via computer browser (or windows explorer). Normally you get an error message then.

try registering the dll with cmd and regsvr32 -run a cmd as admin and type ‘regsvr32 /msvcr120.dll’ and see if that fixes the problem.

Hi!
The game needs the redist for Visual Studio 2013 to run. It should be installed by Steam automatically, when you start the game. If you skipped the installation - you can find the files for the installation here:

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013

and you should install this:

vcredist_x64

Hey Guys ,

Same here. When I start the game my steam profil picture turns green and it says: In game KCD… But besides this nothing happens.After some minutes the picture turns blue again. However when I click on the play button several times an error pops up: Game couldn´t start (Application is allready running)

I also started the game.exe as administrator: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000001d)”

After checking out the whole KCD Forum this is what I have tried so far:

• delete local data+ new download and installtion
  • repair+ reinstall vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x_86
  • run steam/kcd as administrator
  • update steam
  • verify the integrity of the game cache
  • check graphic drivers (newest)
  • check if windows service package 1 is installed

I hope anyone can help me out, I tracked this project since February and would love to play the alpha as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Thank you and greetings,

My system:
Win 7 x64 Home premium
i5-4670 @ default clock
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 770

Doesnt work for me either. Still 0xc000001d error.

“TEST” And same problem here …

Did you install as administrator?

no I didn´t at least not intentionally :wink: how can I do that on steam?

I would add your user to local admins and disable UAC, (windows 7/8), then log out and in again…

You can turn them on again later but best to be sure you’re not doing battle with OS-specific hiccups…

Ok after some cmd action (Local Users and Groups Manager isn´t working for Home premium) I can say my user is in local administrators. moreover I disabled UAC, but no further progress. any other ideas? btw thanks for your effort :slight_smile:

ok in another thread, someone said he installed “windows 7 service pack 1” and it worked. so i tried it and guess what!? it worked for me too. so give it a try

Same here in windows 8

hi guys,
I downloaded the game from steam.all is ok, but my question is how I will take the digital Manuel of the game and the sound in MP3.
Could some give me some advise?
Thx

Didn’t work for me. Tried both 32 and 64 versions.

What fixed it for me was updating my Windows 7 to SP1

Edit: For those who are like “GAWWWD really?”

Just click on windows update and allow the update, it will download in the background. Only took me 20 mins and I restarted while I got a coffee. Not a big deal. Fixed the problem. Life has been great since.

1 Like

same problem… Got installed the game yesterday, tried all the trick but no one worked fine for me. Any good news for solving the issue?

Do you use DirectX11 on your computer? You need DirectX11 to play the game.

i have directx 11 sure, the game are able to be lunched like other ppl say…

Hmm okay, can you please send my your DxDiag?