Can't save my game?

Hello! I just bought this great game yesterday and i didn’t had much problems up until now. I managed to save the game 3 times yesterday but today it seems it’s not working. When i press ESC in-game and there is “Save Game” it’s greyed out and i can’t click it. I already tried to remove my older saves but it didn’t helped. Im afraid to do quests or dialogues since it could crash the whole game (as i already experienced this before) so i can’t make any progress because sooner or later it will crash and progress will be gone.

Also i have another problem but this one is minor. I came to military camp near Merhojed and trained there with swordmaster. The problem is after training soldiers started to attack me for no good reason (i didn’t stole anything or attacked anyone) so now i can’t come back to the camp because they’ll kill me.

If anyone knows how to fix this i would be grateful.

At the moment don’t rely on the save system, it is incomplete and buggy.

You can save and retry (well, not you, right now, but generally) but this is prone to escalating and accumulating unexpected behaviours and errors.
This is going to get better, but right now the best way to play is “ironman”, restarting on death. (It can actually help to restart the game, rather than just making a new game, to avoid some persistence issues too).

The main quest is fairly short, or you can ignore it and fool around in Samopesch/Merhojed. I’ve personally not had any joy trying to progress both the Samopesch and Main questlines though - I get better results by only trying to do one of these things.

None of this directly addresses not being able to save, which is an odd sounding thing… and not one I’ve noticed. Maybe you’ll get more direct help to this issue if you report it on the bug reporting page.

2 Likes

Nope, we really cannot help with load/save right now. This feature is just broken and unless a fix for it is released we have no means how to help.

I keep saving and it keeps crashing. Very annoying. I hope this gets fixed.

Believe me when I say, that their has been several discussions about this. There will be a fix! :grinning:

same here,the save option is greyed out.

Try passing time, if you can’t it’ll say you’re in combat. thats why you cant save. That happened to me when i destroyed the Cuman part of the Bandit camp. After killing the 15 Cumans and fleeing, it said i was in combat even thought i was on the other side of the map.

just one issue can prevent saving the game: bugged archery contest… When u talk to person to start archery contest, it may happen that no one arrive (or they flee) and contest end immediately after the conversation before it starts and it’s impossible to save game after this moment, i believe it’s not finished in the inner game logic. Solution is to repeat contest, even if one (or both) NPC does not start shooting and you leave the area and get disqualified you can save the game. This bug was present at least in patch 1.2.5