Can't start alpha since patch 0.2

The original Alpha version worked fine but since I downloaded latest patch I can’t start the game. It crashes after I press enter in the first launch window. I have validated the files and rebooted Windows but none of that works. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Let me check with our programmers.

Same Problem Here Crashes after the Patch. Starting -> Title view -> Crash when it should switch to fullscreen

System:
GPU: Radeon HD 7870 OC Windforce Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon 1231 v3
RAM: 8 GB
Installed on SSD

I had the same problem (Game would load but then crash out at the “press enter to continue” screen… I cant remember what the error message was though).

I fixed it by deleting my user profile (Kingdom Come Deliverance\USER_game\profiles).

Might be worth a shot. All it does is put the settings back to default.

1 Like

Now it suddenly works for me after yet another update of the game. Great work Warhorse.

1 Like

I also can’t start it anymore, deleting my profile doesn’t work either.
When I try to start the game, it just crashes instantly, “Game.exe stopped working”.

I’m using an Intel 5820K, GTX970 and 16GB RAM

any comment on that so far? :confused:
I’d like to get into it again, I’m sure I’m not the only one :frowning:

Hi! Try to delete User_Game folder, if this does not help, delete the whole game and reinstall it, and if that doesn´t work send us your dxdiag file. Thanks!

As mentioned before, deleting the Profile doesn’t help.
I reinstalled it, doesn’t work either :confused:

Where should I send the DX diag file to, a certain adress or something?

Best

info at warhorsestudios dot com

Thank you!

Hi,

i have the same problem. In the tittle screen, which doesn’t go to full screen anymore i have to press enter. But all that it does is cause a crash. So far i have deleted the mentioned folder, verify the data again, didn’t work. Uninstall completely and did a reinstall, didn’t work as well. After the uninstall i also cleaned my registry before reinstalling.
Should i send my DXdiag in as well?
Hopefully i can get into KC soon again.

Kind regards,

Wouter

Sure, please send it and attach the description of the crash also. Thanks!

Send it around two weeks ago, no answer so far. Anything missing? :confused:

Please, send us your log from the game folder as well (if it is not there, let it crash again).

Please, send us the log from the game folder too. Thanks!

Could you kindly tell me where I find the Log? The only Logs I can find are the Engine-Logs.

I crashed it like three tiomes now (not that any valuable window would come up), no Log :confused:

It depends on Steam; on my computer it´s:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance\LogBackups

Filename with date and time

But the last log is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance

It´s not always copied into the log folder (maybe crash)!

KCD_Engine.log

With every start of the game it´s overwritten!

Make a manually copy, if the system dosn´t do it.

3 Likes

Thank you, you have answered this for me. :wink:

This time I know that the stuff came in (thanks again Tobi), and it’s again 14 days. Any feedback? :slight_smile:

Programmers are working on it. You will see, if it was fixed with the next update.