Changes to Saving + Lockpicking are coming

So im not happy with implementing a new save system.

The actual one already fucked me up few times loosing hours of progress, but because of my fault.
This actual save system make useful the inns and the beds, otherwise it has no sense.

It gives you challenge to cross the map to the next city without dying or facing enemies for dont loosing your progress, dont you think?

2 Likes

Thank god! I have been trying to pick a lock for 5 hours and havent got even 1! I was awesome at Fallout and Skyrim lock picking. Its cool that its hard but lock picking is crazy hard! As for save system, i could take it or leave it. its not that hard to go back to town to take a nap so the game will save. Or wait tell the quest is over for it to save.

so you tell me they can do whatever they want with their game, but you want them to change things? Logic as its finestā€¦

For me, lockpicking is not that hard (people need to know the proper method and practice) I have a 70% chance to open, so is not to difficult (on PC, on consoles I dunno), but introducing some settings as ā€œlocks for noobsā€ for casual people, I donā€™t care, if I can have the ā€œhardcore modeā€

• There is a mod on NexusMods named as ā€œEasy lockpickingā€ (I donā€™t tested it yet)

About saving mechanics, the same, a menu options as ā€œsaving poops for noobsā€, for example:

Some options:

• A) Liquor Snapps is more easy to buy (around 40-50 gold) or
  • Liquor is not necessary or
  • Henry could sleep with a sleeping bag in any ā€œshelterā€ with root or
  • As the mod from NexusMods named as ā€œUnlimited Savingsā€ does

For me I only think, A) is great (balanced-limited but not too crazy in any way)

I hope the save&quit works so that after you load ā€œsave&quitā€ file it deletes it so you canā€™t go back to it and gotta go inn or take a snapps to actually save it. So basically you can only return to each ā€œsave&quitā€ save once. That would remove the ability to use it as a normal quicksave.

seriously?! you have the RIGHT to choose? So every hardcore game should have a ā€œnot so hardcoreā€ mode for people who dont like hardcore games?! good to knowā€¦

1 Like

Youā€™re not making any senseā€¦ and the devs have said theyā€™re going to change it sooooooo :rofl:

I agree with @icontheking , some games are more difficult than others, why didnā€™t they make Dark Souls easier with a patch after launch? Because the Japanese arenā€™t worried about playing a game that has obstacles to overcome. This is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, not Skyrim. I love that itā€™s more hardcore.

@Waytomoo Thatā€™s a fantastic idea! Bring it on!

2 Likes

I have got better and managed to pick a few locks but I feel the vibrating should only happen if youā€™re putting stress on the lock and your pickā€™s going to break. At the moment it constantly vibrates no matter what

Wise decision of the devs. Particularly the absence of normal saving annoyed me. The thing is that you want harder rules (less saving, harder combat, iron man rules, ā€¦) once you get better at the game, not when youā€™re still learning. Provide options for all these things, by all means, but Always ease new players into the game. Early frustration results in early abandonment of the game, angry words on steam, refund demands and bad reviews. Even more so when a game is still unpolished and the absence of regular saving may lead a player to lose hours of progress even when playing very carefully.
Iā€™m a backer so I want this game to succeed. But If I hadnā€™t been and hadnā€™t already gotten the unlimited saves mod, chances are I would already have asked for a refund, waiting for the introduction of a normal saving system.

1 Like

Why not just make it that there is a save in any bed thats it job done.

You just need to open it after youā€™ve picklocked. When it closes, look away and to it again and the option should be there :smile:

1 Like

You can. A lot of people donā€™t realise this but if you sleep or use a bathhouse the game will save, you even get a prompt that says ā€œGame Savedā€

I still welcome a save anytime or ā€˜save and quitā€™ feature. But there are other options in the game at the moment

2 Likes

wow xD pretty kind from the devs to listen to that mimimimi.

I really donā€™t care :rofl: just glad you and your cronies didnā€™t manage to bully everyone else to do as you say :joy: jog on!

oh another opinion is bullying now? dudeā€¦this is a discussion. dont take everything personal. go on and try provoke me. its just pointless because like you sad, i can still play the game how its ment to.

no you cant save in any bed it has to be given bedā€¦

Honestly what is the problem with saving system? I donā€™t get it. You can brew loads and loads of savior schnapps fairly early in the game. I have more than I know what to do with. I think I will try to get black out drunk with it just for funsies.

4 Likes

No it doesnā€™tā€¦ Iā€™ve slept in camp sites and in random piles of straw in an abandoned hut and it has said ā€˜Game savedā€™

This is on Xbox One, not sure if thereā€™s any difference

1 Like

Iā€™m with you brother, schnapps galoreā€¦ I brewed about 20ā€¦ I can save any time I likeā€¦ Just like people are complaining that they canā€™t do.

2 Likes