Chickens. An RPG scourge

This must have been asked and answered 50,007 times by now, however. I saw chickens in one of your videos, and I now must know, if I punch/kill a chicken (heinous crime) what would happen? Would the owners be outraged, angry and demand that I pay for it (reasonable), or would the entire town flip out and collectively try to put me to death? (skyrim style) I must know if chickens will be considered royalty like in some games.

9 Likes

One does not simply end a chicken!

3 Likes

Beware!

1 Like

4 Likes

http://loopthetube.com#kA8rTyIO0xE&start=315.98699999999997&end=319.174

Don’t mess with the chickens!

1 Like

27 Likes

be afraid, be very afraid

it is always a clucking good time until the sun comes up.

3 Likes

Historically, chickens were extremely important; especially in the Medieval/Renaissance eras. If you ate your chicken, where do you get eggs? If you ate a cow, where’s the milk? The penalty should be a little more than payment, but not quite the death penalty.

Every item including animals will have they price. The penalty will be cumulative based on the total damage you will do.

8 Likes

sounds good…can i play the game as an dealer? (if necessary a chicken-dealer) :slight_smile:

Why does a picture come to my head about a shady guy wearing a trench coat, standing in a dark alley whispering “psst Hey you, want some chicken wings?”

4 Likes

1 Like

OH MY GOD YES! This would be so cool. I have always wanted to RP as a merchant, buying in one town and selling in the next. Only game I can think of at the top of my head where you can do this is M&B.

…look to “Patrizier” too, had a fantastic market/pricing system (maybe the best of merchant-Games)

Omg this thread is hilarious xD

I remember in one of the early build presentations (long before the Kickstarter campaign), Victor is showing a wooden building in a village near the town of Rattay, and he mutters "And there used to be chickens, right here - they somehow disappeared again!’ (I wish I had the Youtube link.)

Here you go I think

1 Like

Well, I think I got my answer:D