CO-OP game mode

That’s actually been discussed already, more or less:

1 Like

That is the way too, but for me would be nice to have the CO-OP mode in the start in alpha and beta version. You know just for testing the idea.
I will carry if Act I will be without it and developers decide to make it for Act III or possibly Act IV, but cancel it just on pre-game forum references is short sighted, you must agree.
And modify just one village for this mode for alpha isn’t that much i think.

In the discussion linked, there’s talk about coop mode in general for the game.

1 Like

Not gonna happen, at least for Act 1.

I would love CO-OP in games like Stakler or Rome TW. But here? This is basically a linear story with sidequests, and CO-OP would only work in some phases of the gameplay, and your partner would just slack somewhere waiting for you.

Is this somehow different from: Coop a must for next acts

The only co-op I would like to see would be in a tournament/arena setting where we can go to one city and fight against a set number of other real players, and tbh i would’nt even be bothered if this didn’t happen. I like my Solo-rpg and I hope this game stays as a single player experience. That’s why I backed it in the first place.
But that’s just my opinion. Each to their own. Gaming with a mate is a lot of fun but i would rather deliverance give that a pass.

I know a lot of you are against it but i would love to see local co-op. Nothing online, just me and a good buddy drinking beer and surviving in a medieval world together.

That is all.

2 Likes

I can understand that a lot of ppl want coop/multiplayer but I’m glad the developers are against it. I haven’t seen any game yet who can combine immersive gameplay with a coop mode. Most of the more successful coopgames i know are hack&slay or shooters.
And I think coop would hurt this game badly. It would lose alot of potential because of the additional ressources a coop modus would cost.
There are already tons of games that offer coop/multiplayer. But there are only few good RPGs and i have the highest hopes that KC will shine as an outstanding RPG.

I understand both sides. I will support no matter what.

I just cant see the harm in adding a local coop. The other player doesn’t need to be included in quest or anything. He could be left out of all dialogue/cutscenes ect. The 2nd player would if i may…just represent a hired hand/body guard of some sort. to help the main protagonist in his journeys.

I wouldn’t see how this would break the immersion either. The 2nd player would be right beside you, you can have any dialogue you want with him. The Npc’s could react to him just as another Npc and so on.

Just my opinion

Because there would need to be a lot of resources thrown into making coop even work in the first place. When I forget about the network code as I have no clue how much of it is already present in Crysis engine (I’m fairly sure complex meele system present in KC would need a lot of additional network coding and synchronizing tho), there’s another massive issue of AI - both combat and ‘general’ AI would need to react to the other player, scripts would need to be properly synchronized, there’s just a lot of work that would need to be done even for a half-arsed coop mode you are asking for to work.

And on top of all that is the fact that I very much doubt Warhorse really wants something half-arsed in their game - if coop worked like you describe it, it might bring the game a lot of criticism, so they would need to do it properly for it to match the quality of the rest of the game, and that would divert a lot of resources.

1 Like

Seeing how Cryengine supports and has an existing mp mode I could just see someone hack the game and turn it on and then give others the script to run it. It would not be optimized and be very laggy and would run a lot of server space and ram . So no its not going to be official and its not going to be support by WH but it may be possible. We already see SC get modded and it’s the same engine.

1 Like

I see what you mean, i know nothing about the coding/programming.
Im just some drunk guy hoping for a cool game.

Not interesting post…
Just to say, I wish a Co-op mode (4 players), too !

No co-op? Ok, i dont buy the game then, long live torrent!

No representation of my city? Ok, stealing it is then…

WOW you just registered in this forum for this post?! Respect!

2 Likes

Where is co-op mode in skyrim or witcher? This must be shitty games without co-op…
…but there is a hole in your question: Why do you need co-op if you don´t have friends? :kissing_heart:

If I recall correctly, there is a mod for skyrim that allows you to play coop. The view still follows the main character, and the second player simply controls the companion. In fact, I found the mod’s link: here.

However, as I haven’t seen any information hinting that you will have a companion in KCD, I don’t think a co-op mod like this will be possible.

Oh, a mod like this would be possible vor shure. There is already a video on youtube where two developers fight against each other on one screen. :smiley:

1 Like