Combat, Blocking, and Parrying in 0.4

Yes ican fight better than before

Oh yeah, much better now, I can reliably select the attack direction and pull off the up-right-bottomleft combo. So this change is exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately now when the main issue is solved, the other problems become more annoying. :smile: Since the combat is so awesome and satisfying (especially long parry-counter-parry sequences are badass), the bugs become really noticeable.

Main problems:

• combos that include a stab seem very unreliable

• An obvious hit is not registered, or there is a significant delay between the sword hitting and the opponent reacting; especially after a parry.

• The opponents can do things that I can’t (don’t know how): unblockable parries such as the pommel in my face, or dodge and hit in the head-- huge stamina drainers. This one is kinda frustrating since I don’t know if this is simply not implemented, or Henry does not have a high enough skill, or if I’m doing something wrong.

• And the most annoying one: as I wrote above, after a parry I

I know this is alpha and these things will be fixed, so I am not complaining too much. It looks incredibly promising.

You can do those! :point_up:
If you manage to “catch” the parry window at the very beginning, you will make a special parry, which really is unblockable.

1 Like

@TobiTobsen
New adjustment in patch is slightly better

i was able to hit weak Advanced Trainer in one combo, finished him.
Second try was a fail but it was better as before! A+

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip! It indeed works. But the window seems very short (or my reaction time is too slow) since I can hit it only when I spam the Q key (and key spamming is probably not the intended playstyle). I’m guessing that this will improve with Henry’s skill. The very advanced opponent pulls this on me annoyingly often.

Yes, it’s an RPG system’s stuff.
Once you are higher level, they are not able to do it that often. If high enough, they can’t “perfectly parry you” at all. It’s working the other way around too: once you level-up a bit, the window for you to perform these moves is (much) bigger.

4 Likes

I am not sure about this yet, I will research more on this, but this came to my head today. I am not hating, I’m just asking politely. What is the point of choosing the direction of your blow, when block or parry is only dependent on timing? Isn’t it a little bit placebo effect? I mean I can choose 5 directions of attack, but for my opponent it means nothing, because he will block it anyway if he press Q at the right time. Are attack directions there only for combos?

1 Like

Yes, much better luck, although my existing criticisms still stand. :smile:

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331745951567/kingdom-come-deliverance-combat-interview

what a great interview

1 Like

I agree. It painted KC:D in a very good light.