Crafting system for Arms and Armor

So I’m quite curious as to the crafting system for both weapons and armor. Will it be Skyrim-esqe in terms of armor crafting (pre-set. Just finds the materials and you’re done) or are we actually going to have the ability to craft and shape our own armor? Like hitting the metal into the shape we want it (with guides as to how to properly craft that piece for said armor.) and like with the sword sharpening, depending on how well it is shaped (plus time, metal used and thickness) it will be of better or worse quality. Think of Bound by Flame’s armor type system (basic breastplate and then you can add onto it) except we ourselves have to spend the time to make it. Or pay to have a blacksmith do it for us (which again would cost time and money, but you get more common quality plate then if you had done it yourself.) Along with this, again with Bound by Flame’s weapon system now, we start with a basic blade/head for the weapon we want to craft and from there we can mold out our own pommels, grips, crossguards and shape it to our desire.

2 Likes

Based on how in depth the alchemy is and how in depth they said the cooking will be, I’m sure we wont be disappointed with weapon and armour crafting. :wink:

1 Like

Oh I would jump for joy if we had an in-depth weapon/armor crafting system. The alchemy actually looks really engaging and fun from what I have seen (haven’t had a chance to try it out myself, still waiting on my copy to arrive).

1 Like

Waiting for the final release? or you don’t know where to get your alpha key?

I am really interested to see how in depth the crafting system gets myself.

If its far enough along maybe we could see it in the next video update? @warhorse @TobiTobsen?

1 Like

I would expect something similar like this (Dark Messiah)

Hm no I guess I didn’t scheduled it for the next Video update but let me say one thing. The Blacksmithing will be the most complex minigame we’ll have :D… nuff said! :slight_smile:

@Alche You’ll find your Alpha Code in your profile on pledge.kingdomcomrpg.com. The finished game won’t arrive before Q4 2015 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Before you go in to battle, or if your weapons just need some resharpening, you’re going to have to head to the blacksmith stall. The blacksmithing minigame was yet another example of just how realistic Kingdom Come: Deliverance aims to be. Rather than paying some NPC a bag of coins and watching a cutscene, you actually sit down at a bench and sharpen your sword at a grindstone. I was told that if I wanted to make a sword I’d have to go through the proper steps of putting it in the forge, beating it with a hammer, and so on. Other crafting minigames will have equally as much depth.”

“To make a sword you have to go through the proper steps of putting it in the forge, beating it with a hammer, and so on.”

2 Likes

Is Blacksmithing just weapons crafting or is it armour too perhaps?

@TobiTobsen Yeah I just noticed the GIGANTIC steam sign on my profile page…somehow I missed it the first time around…/facepalm

Anyway, now you got me all hyped up for the blacksmithing :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the response!

If you don’t already have it planned for video update you should. if its as good as I am imagining that video alone will draw in some new backers.

Hell yes, alchemy is already complex and well made and not fully complete. Cannot wait to see what you all put together.

Nope! Too early! :slight_smile: I have more exciting, actual topics for you! :slight_smile:

Will smithing be for armor as well as weapons?

Probably!! But wait for it… that’s stuff for another Alpha! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

For sure I was more curious if it was planned in general even if we didn’t see it until final release.

Like ?
20 characters

Videoupdate?
Videoupdate!!!
:smile: We need a Videoupdate!!!

5 Likes

Wow I just realised that I have been confuced about the years. :stuck_out_tongue: I have lived the past moths thinking I will have to wait over a year till the beta or the finished game. (I guess I’m still living in 2014)

You’ll see! :slight_smile: Wait for it…! :slight_smile:

1 Like