Crashes and such

So I’m just really wanting opinions here.
I’ve been trying to play 0.4 and stream it and such but my pc isnt having any of it.
I tested my system specs against the requirements and im ahead of them by a fair bit-

I know my pc isnt amazing compared to most gaming rigs now adays- its 4 years old now.

Am I mad to say its all down to the optimisation of the alpha, being an alpha?

I’m just so annoyed at having so many issues with playing it.

Its crashed the program a few times but some times it completely crashes my computer to black screen or even grey lines.

Any suggestions or any similar experiences?

The crashes are a known issue… have you tried dropping the graphical specs down? Obviously depends on the rig and what settings you’re trying to run at. But performance has certainly taken a hit with this latest release, and as I said the devs are aware of the majority of those issues.

See these other threads for more detail on performance

Hello,
I started having crashes. Its weird because first two times (or so) when I played 0.4 everything was alright but after this, the game just freezes (only game). It freezes with highest and lowest graphic configuration all the same. I guess it is not overheating, it would freeze whole PC (but I checked GPU temperature nonetheless, it was ok, didnt check CPU).
I had no problem with previous versions.

Can you, please, send me the log? Run dxdiag.exe in Windows/System32 folder. Clicking on “Save all information” will create your HW log in a txt file.

It seems like a similar crash stalli111 has. I have reported his logs already, so more logs would be really helpful.

Well, sorry for the wait. I realized where the problem is. When you keep playing by using continue option only, eventually game starts getting buggier and then freezing. Well its just an assumption nonetheless by creating a new game it stopped freezing. You still want my HW log? (I guess not)

Thanks, yeah, it should be ok then! :dolphin:

I have the same issue… i experienced lots of programe do not respond. Im not sure but some how some character go buggy like the Bailiff i press E and nothing happen he is just freez in is stair with his wife.
I wonder if its not because he cant get back his key… because the old herb woman is in the camp and dont look ready to come back. So i log out and continu game then everything freez. I have to create new game.
I will try to clear the key mission at first to see if i got the same issue.

I have hard time to complete quest… for example: The poisoning quest.
After talking to every one concerne i go back to talk to the Bailiff.
I tell him Jerry said he eat gruel …
The fisherman tell he have meat.
The tavern girl said he eat nothing…
I tell him Jerry have stinking food in his house.
Then i finish telling him Jerry his liying so Mariane his clean.

He tell me that it make sense but he need more proof…
***I try to talk to him again… but this time its like i never talk to the fisherman.
Cant tell Jerry have meat to the Bailiff… and i cant no more talk to the fisherman,

Im i the only one having problem like this one with the quest?

Can it broke some quest if i do some before other one?

I apologize for my english.

Thanks,
try to talk to Jerry before you go to the baillif. Maybe it will help. :wink:

Hello! After submitting the Survey game crashes again and again after starting it.
Henry stands near the herbwoman´s hut. When I start moving game crashes.
Even when I stand still waiting for the herbwoman coming towards me, showing her boobs, game doesn´t react any more. I can´t believe it´s because her titts, they aren´t so breathtaking.
To press “print” to save a screenshot doesn´t work so I´m not able to show a Picture.

when experiencing these crashes are you starting a New Game? or are you loading a save?

I still get crashes, although they are less frequent since 4.0.

Have you checked your Log backups? I feel like we have done this before.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance\LogBackups

Update soon man hopefully it will fix your problems.

It happens when I try to load last game. Unfortunately there´s only one savegame…

Alpha 0.4 is the first build with a save system, unfortunately its still buggy and commonly gets corrupted.

I do not have all my links and file locations handy (on mobile) but there is a way to make backups of the saves (3 saves get stored already). Even with a backup there is still a high chance of corruption.

started a new game hopefully to complete now all available quests (fingers crossed)

Every quest that has been made available to us so far can be completed, unfortunately not always in one run.

I have completed all but two quests all in one run. You have to start off with a clean save and do them in an order in which you will only need to talk to the NPC’s involved a few times (some quests share NPC’s and this is where the conflicts happen).

1 Like

I looked at them, but what do i do with them?

See if there is any indication of what may be the issue, I don’t enough to know what exactly your looking for.

I JUST HAD A CRASH SO HARD THAT IS RESTARTED MY COMPUTER. Any idea why? Plz help me.