Cuman / Bandit Camps ( 4v1 / 5v1 combat )

For sure it does. I was finally able to clear the first camp. I bought myself a Soul Slicer and it seems to have some good stopping power. Although the bandit leaders are still terribly annoying with their defense…

So the only difficulty I have with the game is when going against 3+ enemies. 2 is very manageable, 3+ gets tricky, but it’s still doable.

First you want to get to know your middle mouse button. It’s the button the unlocks you from your target. This way you can freely look left/right and keep an eye on all of them while you get yourself in position.

Position – you never want one of them behind you. Ideally, you want them lined up, but if it’s a more open area, the best you might have to work with is if they’re within your peripherals. But this requires you to always be on the move, so don’t stop moving.

Defense – this is your number one priority. Pay especially close attention to the enemy closest to you because they’re most likely to attack you first, but realistically there’s a chance any of them can lunge at you. I don’t believe you can hold the middle mouse button and defend at the same time, at least from the few times I’ve tried it never worked. So you’ll have to be focused and as soon as one of them makes a move, release the middle mouse button and immediately defend. Even if you don’t riposte, immediately strike the attacker once then quickly get back on the defensive. The others might even make a move during your riposte, so pay attention to your peripherals for movements that seem like an attack and be prepared to defend that also.

Fights against multiple enemies are time consuming, especially during the lower levels. And even in the higher levels when those enemies are well-equipped. The key is patience, persistence, and perseverance.

I attack the camps at night. When is night some of the bandits sleep and I take them out.

By the way. If you train with Captain Bernard- all the training - and continue sparring with him sometime, bandits will be no problem. Can take out many now with no issues. In this game you need to put the time in to improve your skill through TRAINING - not by fighting actual people. A bit like you would in real life. Im actually starting to worry that combat is getting too easy because I did a lot of training early game

2 Likes

having BIS gear and using shield and mace can make mince meat out of even 2-3 fully armored opponents in no time, just remember to block counter and side step as well as change angle of attack often.

I’ve Marked all the locations of bandit/Cuman camps. Happy Hunting

Ive been using some different strategies to deal with the bandit camps. I cleared the next two by firing arrows from afar and aggro’ing the bandits towards me. Inevitably they would reach me at different times, so I could usually mop up the weaker bandits before the boss got to me.

Regardless, the bandit boss at the third camp has given me many ass-whoppings. I dont understand how to deal with a shielded and armored foe. He just blocks everything, even when I bait him to do something. I counter to no-avail. Can you break a shield?

Enemies have stamina too, a perfect block takes zero stamina to preform. Work from there.

I know that. I mean it doesnt help that usually by the time I get to the boss I’m already injured, or I’ve gotten injured already killing his other men and trying to avoid him. Because once your overall stamina gets smaller there’s only so much you can do against him with a shield. @zeltchoron

Off to other things until you’re more readily prepared?

I’ve been progressing story lately, raising my Strength. Got some training. Still get my ass kicked against the Bandit Boss with shield

Agreed.
I’m just trying to explore a bit and find these treasure maps and I get ambushed by 3 bandits, which is practically a death sentence and all of them run faster than H. I can’t convey how frustrating this is to die in this manner and be setback hours.

1 Like

Get some better armor. If you say you have good armor, good stats, good weapon, there shouldn’t be a problem. You become a god.

1 Like

You sure you didnt just kill a bunch of people all at different times and drag their bodies, put them in a pile? Or spawn them and .kill command or something because… That doesnt even make sense @zeltchoron

---- Nor am I impressed or think that you even did that yourself. Honestly

If the men were still spawning there I’d take a video. Sure there were few here and there however they AI are fairly dumb. But for the most part 75% of them were attacking me at once. There’s 27 bodies there.

• and I play Xbox, not sure if a kill command is possible

Mostly. Yeah. Lol… Ok dude.

The trick is to poke.

I’ll be posting some kind of proper video showing how I clear camps soon. Then maybe someone can tell me if im doing something I shouldnt in combat

That is the chicken way sir! A master of the sword, does not require a bow, to dispatch a few cumans!

I like to make sure the Cuman SCUM can see the face of death! :japanese_ogre:

1 Like