Cuman / Bandit Camps ( 4v1 / 5v1 combat )

The bandits in the ginger quest gave me a challenge. I wasn’t that good with a weapon at the time and fighting 2 really strong foes, the one with the mace was stronger… I reloaded the save 6-7 times until I finally managed to kill them. I had to lose some of my armor, sneak on them, knock out the stronger one, fight the other one. I won the fight barely and then I killed the other one. It was a pain, but I really enjoy the fact that I killed them and it was really rewarding. In a world that everyone makes easy games with some hardcore options for other players, I like seeing something hard that is not darksouls. Now I have some points in strength and some perks in fighting and defense and I one shot most enemies. I also use the bow from the main quest with quality arrows. The arrows you chose impact the game a lot and I really like that addition. I only wish the game was more polished and not having to be afraid of the bugs more than your enemies, but I still enjoy it. It remembers me the gothic 3. It was kinda the same when it was released, I spent a lot of time in that game, but I enjoy it fully 2-3 years ago with the community patch. I finished it with every class. This is a not a perfect game, it has many bugs, but people are hungry for this type of game and the warhorse studios, they nailed it!

1 Like

Feints, Mastercuts, and Bows are the best weapons against multiple enemies.

How much armor do you wear?

Ohh, Way more than I do.

See now, I can do mostly all of that except for those counter attacks. I have some simple combos for the longsword, I dont think its the one you’re using, @TarNaugrim but they do decent enough damage when I can land them.

My question is, say an enemy tries to attack me, and I make the perfect block. Now how do I then counter-attack instantly like you do? If there was a tutorial on this that I missed let me know because… I don’t recall the game explaining those counter-attacks.

@TarNaugrim Then I found this, lol. Good stuff man

1 Like

thank you, it could be better, but I guess for a first time,it was ok.

I’m working on doing more advanced videos which will hopefully be uploaded in the next 1-2 days

Let’s say I’m almost full plate.

Oh I don’t use the bow, I just waltz in with my heavy warhammer! Smack the filthy cumans!

Hi, please let me know how do you find so many bandits and cuman because only had one random encounter with the cumans. Also came across 2 bandit camps which was part of side quests… I’ve almost roamed around the whole map and can’t find anything but wayfarers and empty camps, accident sites charcoal burners etc, spent hours without having to fight anyone appart from the main quest, frustrated I was forced to slaughter everyone in a village in order to get some real combat and test my skills.

Use This map I created @Danny94uk

The main quest leads you to a lot of encounters with bandits and Cumans. With side quests, I pick and choose whichever one seems like it’ll lead to combat. Plus there are the side quests that have you clearing bandit and Cuman camps.

Yes…slice and dice the cuman in front of you…while the one behind you bashes your skull in from behind. Just use the bow to even the odds…then go in for the kill!!!

Why is there one behind you?

generally I have found when you face off against multiple opponents, they don’t all approach you from the front. I find they go to your flanks and even to your rear so you are surrounded. Changing targets and moving /dodging during combat is very sluggish and hard

1 Like

I agree that switching should be easier. I wonder if holding a button to lock on would not be best, and just pressing it would switch the target but to lock on it you need to hold it.

1 Like

That’s why you have to keep repositioning. And holding down the middle mouse button does wonders when it comes to fighting multiple enemies.

Switching between targets on the console is horrendous :tired_face:

1 Like

mouse yes, controller not very much so.

sorry, I am on console…no mmb for me lol but even repositioning doesnt help. If you are facing 5 guys at once, you can only target one, leaving the other 4 to re-position around you, and its hard to keep track. Running doesnt necessarily help because for some reason a plate armored enemy can run as fast as you to catch up.

I have found starting off a fight with a bow and a few better piercing arrows does wonders, especially if you are facing other archers, or enemies with polearms.