Dialogs improvement

Dialogs need some serious improvement. Talking to people is not Medieval enough. Anachronisms, popular speech and some curses (but not many and medieval ones, otherwise, you will end up with such crap like The Witcher 3.) will do a great job in terms of immersion. What dooth thow, developers, thynken?

How real do you like it? I think aiming for historical correctness would be to much, because than you have to listen to medieval Czech, Latin and medieval german dialects or languages (mostly Bavarian, Franconian and Saxonian). It would be hard to understand and to find actors how are able to make it sound fluent would be a horror. I guess most players had to play it in this case with subtitels.

There would be enough words that a modern man would have difficulties to understand.
For example Kummet is the German word for a horse collar. How many Gamers would know what this is good for?

Well, here the game Farcry Primal did an excellent job :slight_smile: They created a language noone could speak /understand just to make the story and the enviroment more realistic. I havent heard any gamer saying this is crap I dont understand anything but they were forced to read the subtitles and all the milions were absolutely happy with it. However, im absolutely fine with the decision that has been made at Warhorse but I think using the original dialects would have been the extra mile to realism. :wink:

I really would like to hear russian postscoring of the game.

I would give it a try, but I think for the first act it’s better that warhorse put their resources on other stuff. It is hard to find anything about this old languages with google. I would like to know how medieval Bavarian sounds and if I’m able to figure out some words.

Is this Russian that was really spoken in the medieval times or is this just Russian that sounds just oldfashioned?

Medieval one.

Hey, Khan…
Witcher 3 is actually a fantasy game, it doesn’t pretend to be historically accurate. And Witcher 3 is the best game in that genre, by far, by too far. So speaking bullshit about it doesn’t make you any good…

As far as KC:Deliverance, @warhorse already stated multiple times that current dialogs are just placeholders. They are going to be much better in the final version.

"There would be enough words that a modern man would have difficulties to understand.
For example Kummet is the German word for a horse collar. How many Gamers would know what this is good for?"
Its that thing for horse/cow to pull some vagon or trailer :smiley:

Yes, it’s made so the towed weight is spread about the shoulders, breast and the withers of the animal. It’s one reason why better, deeper plowing was possible.
I’m not a expert but I belive the picture shows one for an ox and you could use it to let a horse or ox towing a lot of things, like a wagon, a plough or a harrow etc.
And each one was specially shaped for the individual animal. Primary the padding.

1 Like

Are you serious? What genre?

Hmmmm… without any offense here but I strictly disagree to this. TheWitcher 3 is for sure not the best fantasy game :slight_smile: It may is the best in your oppinion but allow me to give you 30 better fantasy games. A fantasy Game is not only good because of cool finishers in fighting scenes. However, back to the topic :wink:

I think this too and agree 100%

1 Like

Weel, trewe hitte is.

30? Doubt it… OBJECTIVELY there is very few games of same or better quality than Witcher 3. Subjective opinions differ, but objectively from median point of view, W3 is probably amongst top 3 best RPG games of this decade.

I was refering to the “Fantasy Game” statement of Jlyga. But even your saying that TW3 is amongst the top 3 RPG’s could be contested, I agree it is among the top 10.

Well everything can be contested, it surely isn´t dogma :slight_smile: But even if I take into account Sci-Fi RPGs, there really isn´t that many of them to change the overall ranking… Deus Ex, Mass Effects, Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun comes to my mind, but I don´t think that they are really better than W3.
And for fantasy RPG… I don´t know, many of them are quite good, but I don´t recall any other game which has the same overall quality in every aspect of game as Witcher 3. Its this amazing package without any dealbreaking flaws which makes it so good in my opinion, and thats why it will be reffered as one of the best game of decade for a long time.

1 Like

:slight_smile: ok, lets call it a day. Btw, I loved The Witcher series, all of them! But this doesnt make then to the top 3 in my list. Can you tell me ONE thing, with what The Witcher has revolutionized the genre? Maybe I don’t see it, or it’s probably the fact that Im playing way to long games (digital and physical) and that caused the reason Im finicky :blush:

Hmm, no I don´t really think it revolutionized genre, thats not the point. I just think that it took everything good this genre has to offer and perfected it. Story telling and narrative was spot on(Esp. baron one, ending was bit weaker), open world was nice, big, lively, characters were awesome and complex, fighting system was good (not perfect), but offered good balance of challenge and intuitivity, character development was quite inovative and worked really well and it had one of the best sidequest in history (not contracts, but real sidequests).
All packed with awesome graphics, animations, cinematics, facial expressions, and CDP added great continuous support, free DLCs, great expansions, absolute shitton of content and very reasonable prices.
So no, not revolution, but there wasn´t any real weakpoint, everything was really good or great, unlike most other games which usually fail atleast in few categories (grindy quests, uninteresting combat or weak characters are usually worst offenders).

If may I ask, what is your favorite franchise/game? Maybe I can learn something.

Witcher 3 fanboy detected.