Dialogs improvement

I also like Witcher 3. More the telled stories and decisions than the fights. And I’m also glad for the german voice of Geralt. The english one sounds to me as Geralt had catched a serious cold and treats it by gurgle with petrol and razor blades.

Yeah, thats true, his english voice is kinda annoying… I played a lot with original polish voiceover and it felt a lot better.

And yes, I also liked stories much more than fights, stories and characters are best part of the game… I hope KCD can come close to them :slight_smile:

And for Mundhalai-khan… yeah, its hard to avoid fanboys of W3, when its THE highest rated fantasy RPG of all time by user score on metacritic… there is lot of us :smiley:

1 Like

Why the hell did I not come up with that?
I also found english voice annoying but it did not occur to me that I could change it! :rage:

1 Like

agree, that was the best in the game… uhh and yes mature Ciri ofc :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well its not really that easy, you have to reinstall your game with polish voiceovers, so you can´t just change that in settings… but yeah, it enhances your experience quite a bit :slight_smile:

This is the ranking on Metacritic:

PC Role-Playing Games by Metascore - Metacritic

Note that I don’t necessarily agree or disagree with it (I have kinda given up on playing RPGs, anyway).

As for games from The Witcher series being great… well, let’s just say that I didn’t play them, because I detest the idea of playing as a psychopathic man-witch (or warlock).

I’m the sort of person who quits a game because of the story. Gothic (II and then I) I have played when I was more young and foolish. Skyrim was my first TES game, and I quit it after ca. 7 hrs (actually, no, I have played Morrowind before, but disliked everything about it: from the too many stats to choose from, to gameplay to graphics to the randomly generated map to the lack of voiceovers; I didn’t give much attention to the story in the few hours that I tested it, but I assume it is the same old gnostic delusional garbage).

I miss a proper Tolkien-inspired single-player mythopoeia RPG… :slight_frown: the trend in the genre has always been (ever since Dungeons & Dragons), and still is “dark fantasy,”* which I utterly despise.

(*Well, maybe except ‘Bunnies & Burrows.’ :smile:)

Anyway, back on topic; this is a related thread:

Next stretch goal idea - hire a writer!

Do you have any example of this genre? I am quite curious.

There is none. By “miss” I mean that I wish that there would be one. :slight_smile:

(There are other Lord of the Rings games though, including an MMO from 2007.)

I also wish that someone would make a role-playing game based on my own adventures.

May the Tengri save KC:D from this.

I was also talking about User score (another tab of your link), which is usually more important for me - W3 is on first spot there :slight_smile:

I liked Morrowind, played it first when I was 10 and hated it at first… but I tried it two years later and I grew very fond of it. Unlike Skyrim, which is as shallow as game experience can be… nothing interesting there.

I agree, we need some tolkien inspired RPG, that would be just so cool… tough luck I guess.

I have done a bit of searching and found out that there actually are a few LotR-based single-player computer RPGs:

Moria (1982)
The Dungeons of Moria (1983)
Angband (1990)
J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings, Vol. I (1990)
J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings, Vol. II (1993)

The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (2004) [metascore: 74]
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (2011) [metascore: 63]

There are also some MUDs (multi-user dungeons):

Elendor (1991)
MUME: Multi-Users in Middle-Earth (1992)
The Two Towers (1994)

And the previously mentioned MMO:

The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar (2007) [metascore: 86]

I think that Tolkien would frown upon these.

“I would ask them to make an effort of imagination sufficient to understand the irritation (and on occasion the resentment) of an author, who finds, increasingly as he proceeds, his work treated as it would seem carelessly in general, in places recklessly, and with no evident signs of any appreciation of what it is all about.” –J.R.R. Tolkien (1958)

Maybe Tolkien would also frown upon the idea of adapting his writings into a video game.

“[Y]et one more [video game] of screams and rather meaningless slashings.”

You left out Shadow of Mordor.
Which is basically just an orc slaying fest.

with the best AI so far in the gaming industry thx to the nemesis system. Agree? :slight_smile:

I have purposefully left it out because:

1. That game isn’t considered an RPG, but an action-adventure;
  2. Its narrative is, in style and sentiment, a far cry from the writings of Tolkien.