Difficulties for a Mac version

Hi,
this is not the repetitive question concerning "why warhorse studios will not make a Mac version? :’("
I would like to know if anyone knows how long the process of converting an Alpha version takes.

(yes, i’m a mac user and probably i will not able to play the Alpha ahahah :smiley: )

Sorry for my bad English :frowning:

Check this response from the developers regarding the Mac client;

QUESTIONS ABOUT MAC VERSION OF KINGDOM COME

Where they say:

The question is clear, thank you. We plan to do the port ourselves and we should have more information we can share with you in few months. Thank you for your patience.

Until we get that detail it would be hard to say. They currently give a release date of Q4 2015 which gives around 18 months for development of their core game which exists. They also said that the Alpha would be out in around 6 months but that this will most likely be PC only and will try to provide Mac/ Linux clients for Alpha/ Beta but it is not possible to be definite at this stage.

We have to consider that if it is indeed a native port from the CryEngine it will be the first ever for Linux & Mac so you can imagine it is probably a matter of working on the development on PC and then working out the ports once the core game is more completed.

1 Like