E3 News material

Yes most of the games that start off with hype, let’s players in alpha/beta then the dev team goes silent for a long time end up in disaster. Actually I can’t think of one game I’ve tested where the communication or updates were lacking, or in some cases non existent, and the game did not fail. I’ve seen it over and over again…this also can happen after launch as well. "Hey! The game is launched now we will remain silent for six months…fail, fail, fail.

It’s nice to see some Community Managers peeking in here (I know that’s a thankless gig but thanks from me). I will say since I just bought the game a few weeks ago I am surprised by the lack of updates or anything really…feel for you guys who have been with the game since the beginning if this is the type of atmosphere and updates you have gotten.

1 Like

Hahaha it’s all good I wear big boy pants!

Im wondering why people stating that there are no updates or a bad information politic here. As far as I can see the majority of the topics brought up by the community has been at least answered if not solved by any of the com manager. Im not a fanboy, ok but I have an extreme high sense of justice and I feel that some of you are not fair with a lot of points. However, lets stay focused and maybe @DrFusselpulli will move the topic from E3 News to some other area (complain?) Cheers, P@N

3 Likes

The way I see it there was simply nothing to inform about.
Release date hasn´t been set yet, all the major bugs and such were tied in with AI system optimization, and I can imagine that takes a LOT of time to solve - once AI is optimised, save/load, skip time, crashes etc. will be solved all together in one big update.
I guess community managers could come here and every two days say: “we are working on it”, but thats not really helpful at all, is it?
Its clear they are working on it, probably solving the most crucious problems the game has, so it just takes a lot of time, and progress will come in big chunks, not small fix every few days.

Patience is virtue guys, we know what is going on, and its not really their fault that those things which are going on, are going on for few months straight, so there is nothing new to inform about.

4 Likes

While I’m sure everything will turn out right I’d strongly suggest to make a sort of blog/news flash post every week or every other week. Just a little “This week/the last two weeks we have been working hard on the AI and it’s coming along nicely. Six new models for axes and two new sword models have been added. We have added a lot of little details in houses such as tools and cuttlery. A lot of bug squashing and optimizations were done.”.

You know something along those lines to keep the people interested/up to date who have back this project. Either way, good luck and keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Me too, same thing here.
Upset with constant missing of deadlines, upset of lack of progress to the public beta, upset with Warhorse silence.
It is as they contacted some shady “publisher” and this changed the way they viewed the supporters. Like the reason we backed up them is now obsolete and “publisher” dictates the rules.

This publisher of console versions is the reason of all the problems.

1 Like

Again Mundhalai, I’m not sure where you got this information from, do you have a source we do not know about or did you just make this up? Can you elaborate?

This publisher will release Kingdom Come on all the platforms. Here is the proof I have just got:
“We are in negotiation with some publisher for all versions. We don´t have the ability to produce disks for the computer version either and we also can´t put the game into stores, we need a partner for retail. Thats why we need a publisher.”

this is a plain explanation and elaboration of what a publisher is there for and whats his job. Nothing weird in this. And everyone knows that WH is looking for a publisher :slight_smile: So caöm down and dont see daemons in every corner :wink:

4 Likes

i found this :slight_smile: new gameplay

8 Likes

Very nice and interesting. There should be a english version, so more people would know whats going on.
I feel a little bit sorry for the painter Pavel, he makes really a good job.
Unfortunately I couln’t see the fire place in the corner of the great hall very good. Is there some soot at the wall and the ceiling?

Is the movement of the flags hard scripted? Or do they move with the in game weather?
It would look more natural if it doesn’t look as every flag catches the same wind in a courtyard.
Maybe the two near the open gates catches more wind than the others, because there would be more draught.

Looks like, because only the four flags move (heavy) in the wind. Nothing else!
On the other side,… the movement is much too strong, because the tournament place is surrounded by walls. This would fit on an open field.

1 Like

Two months later and 0 new information and no attempts at answering any of our questions other then Beta updates.

Hugely Disappointed.

Found this post Highly interesting.

Now this is somewhat to be expected as there should be more content and systems (which needed debugged) in place however it does add to the growing suspicion that there are some struggles that may compromise the original vision, or release will be continually postponed until the coffer runs dry.

[quote]We are a highly story driven game, for that reason we can´t publish the developer version of the game, as it would spoil it.
We also can´t take the developer version and just cut off all the things which could spoil the game, as all the things are connected to each other.[/quote]

This is also to some extent reasonable, however the message gets lost when there are interviews when you use the selling point of historical accuracy and the saying “you can spoil the story by reading a history book”.

I ask you as a dedicated fan and follower to please try, please try and represent yourselves the way you did before the Beta release.

I will reiterate as I have before NO UPDATES TO BETA REQUIRED OR EXPECTED. It is completely understood why this is the way it is and that is that.

It seems unreasonable to see no new content nor discussion on developing game mechanics and non-story based assets.

Are there no other animals added to the game?
Is smithing underdeveloped or was it scrapped?
Has there been any progress with the AI or is gonna be what kills this game in the end?
Is there any reason to believe this game will release before 2018?

@Hellboy <— Ha idk why I try or care anymore.

9 Likes

I ask the same questions myself. Come to the forum from time to time to see no progress, IDK why…
At least they should provide info, if not actual improvements. So to understand, we are stuck with this kind of Beta until the game release, is that right? Game release, which has no date except 2017.

3 Likes

https://vine.co/v/5Mhz7gg5DiB

some new stuff, I laughed my ass off :smiley:

2 Likes

for a minute I got scared here.
I was just passing by the conference room where this was playing and then I sit at my computer and suddenly I see it in the forum.

2 Likes

Honestly, I believe the coffer has run dry some time ago already and this is the reason for the silence and lack of any updates (including SW updates of current beta).

The devs are not silent because they want to make us angry; they used to communicate, they used to update Alpha frequently (adding new content, bug fixes etc.), they used to act like any other Indie studio and they did not change this approach without reason. The reasons officialy given sound like poor excuses to me, there must be something else causing this half-year silence.

When the reason is lack of money, I fully understand that they do not want to be transparent. Also, complaining on this forum will not solve the reason.

It is sad and really hope I am wrong OR that they find solid source for funding the development.

2 Likes

Ich find die Interviews mit Simon wirklich immer wieder herrlich!
Das gezeigte Material sieht schön aus <3

Just stumbled across this video (found it on PC gamer http://www.pcgamer.com/kingdom-come-deliverance-trailer-shows-stealthy-slaughter/#)

Shows polearms in action, stealth kills, and unarmed fighting. Really confused as to why this wasn’t uploaded to Warhorses youtube account, I like what I’m seeing though.

5 Likes