Fear of a broken main quest!

Oh my god, just say there is something I can get around this, during the main quest I went to talk to Sir Ratiz getitng him how I found all of the info I know I got from that guy in the plague village, I then handed in the quest but then this happens:

Okay… So i wait but then he starts walking off!

Then when I then try to talk to to him after this then says:

WHAT THE HELL! I even follow him back to Pirkstin castle and nothing happens, if you lookm there is NO MARKER FOR THE MAIN QUEST!

FOr the love of god, say I am misisng somehting or else I am going ton relad a bunch of stuff from HOURS ago…

1 Like

Definitely a bug as this didn’t happen with me. I guess try and jump start the quest by going to merhojed and starting the pestilence quest. Hopefully that’ll be a possibility.

You can talk to Mathias in the stables who is wounded on a bed to start it, or to virtually anyone on the town I believe. They should be able to tell you about an attack they had and a plague.

That the thing though, I wnt and solved the bugged, the captive was still living!

Did you complete pestilence before starting the main quest?

This exact same thing just happened to me as well. I am extremely pissed off as I had to reload an earlier save and lost 20 hours worth of gameplay, because I went on a lot of sidequests in the meantime. If you want to work around this, you need to load a save where the quest “Pestilence” isn’t yet finished, it seems to bug this one somehow.

I don’t know the exact point at which it gets bugged, it was “enough” for me to load a save just after I have given everyone in Merhojed the cure and now the Pestilence quest says “Wait until the situation clears up”. So I think you have to go to Radzig just after you give everyone the cure, at the latest. If you wait any longer, you risk this bug.

EDIT: a lot of people experiencing the same issue, Question and Answers BUG WORKAROUND or Questions and Answers

You can also try out a few other things, someone mentioned that it was enough for him to just run out of the camp where Radzig is and then back again, for someone the cutscene started after he punched Radzig’s horse in the ass (no kidding), you are gonna have to try and see.

@ anyone before ash
See, I have already done that that quest and he is bugigng out over m NOT doing it:

@ash! I’ll do that in a bit… I mean… I am fan of games that Americans call Euro-Jank, I love ambitious games over safe ones but in around 17 years of PC gaming I never hit so many game breaking bugs, I mean I posted on here how when I was about to save the game at the Inn I got TRAPPED inside and other stuff that focrec me load up a saed hours ages before. I want to love this game but has me raging at times and I am fan of sodding STALKER and Vampire Bloodlines!

@Grimreapo Haha, I spent 20 hours of gametime doing literally all the sidequests I could find before going back to Radzig to progress the main story only to find out it is bugged and there is nothing I can do about it. I haven’t really encountered many gamebreaking bugs, but this was a big one.

Operation Horse Ass punch was a not a success… Uuuugh… fuck… looking I’m going to replay though HOURS on Sunday again…
-_-

Again, I normally have a VERY thick skin to stuff like this but… ugh…

1 Like

I’ve noticed this game likes things done a certain way and order otherwise it just gets derailed. So yeah you’ll need to revert to a save before completing pestilence.

why didnt you drink some saviour schnapps in the 20h gameplay? @Ash

@janfo You didn’t get what the issue is. I drank plenty of Saviour Schnapps and had plenty of auto saves along the way! But the problem is that any of those saves leads to the same outcome (cutscene not triggering, main quest broken, no way to progress). So I had to load a very early save before I finished the quest “Pestilence” which is the only way I found that works.

@Grimreapo I found that the autosave that works is named “Questions and Answers - Inform Sir Radzig”, any later than that and it’s broken for me.

1 Like

Ok, I see…
I’m at the same quest right now, do you know what the cause was?

It seems that the cause is finishing the “Pestilence” sidequest before going to Sir Radzig at the lookout camp. The latest autosave I found that works is named “Questions and Answers - Inform Sir Radzig”. If you have that autosave, hurry to Sir Radzig!

Ok I just gave the cure to the people in Merhojed, I had to wait to see if they will be cured
I skipped 3 hours and the bandit was dead, I took the writing and then I had to report to radzig
took it to radzig on the lookout and it worked fine (questions and answers completed), pestilence quest is still going (waiting till they will be cured)

massive WTF face
I took my time before I did the start of the the quest, see last time I had done “A man Of The Cloth” and the Kings sliver just before but I loaded up the save with the EXACT same name as ash said but this time I beelined to the to the Sir…

Cutscne played even thought I had NOT done the Pestilence Quest quest yet! I have some screen shot if you like, the bug with this one is even more odder than I thought…

Ah well, only lost 2 hours of gameplay its time!
XD

1 Like

Hi. I have the same problem. Is there any walkaround or is it going to be fixed in the next patch?

Ok, I loaded a save from just after pestilence quest and went t o Radzig again and the quest is still broken. I tell him that I interrogated the prisoner. He tells me that there is another thing that he wants to speak with me about. When I speak to him again he asks me if I interrogated the prisoner so it’s a wrong part of dialogue. After that the quest is broken and I can’t progress further. Beating the horse doesn’t help.

Is it going to be fixed soon?

i am having a similar issue where I have to interrogate him even though i have pickpocketed a letter from him. Seems like it will not let me continue. More specifically, I have completed Pestiilence and the town has been cured. The captive is alive but I cannot speak to him. When I talk to Radzig I end up telling him the captive died but the quest to interrogate him remains uncompleted.

Same here! Please, do smth. in the next patch. The game is too good to give up in the middle.