Fps gtx980 ["Solution"]

Hi, I know that there are some threads about the fps problem, but the most recent is from july last year and I couldn’t find a solution there.

So, here’s my setup:

Win10 64x
nvidia GTX 980
16gb memory
AMD FX 8320 Octa-Core Prozessor, 3,5 GHz
WD-Black, 2TB

My FPS:
Highest Settings (1920x1080): around 23
Lowest Settings (1920x1080): around 25
Lowest Settings (Potato): around 35
These are the FPS when I stand around idle. In combat I get a powerpoint-presentation about swords in my face.

Is there any fix for this? (My Drivers are up-to-date)

Found a “solution”: I turned every distance down to 0 and now its running stable on 40-50 fps. it’s not perfect but better than nothing

I’ve raised similar topic some time ago. There are a lot of optimization issues with Deliverance right now and that’s the reason I don’t play the Alpha, even if I have a powerful gaming PC. It sucks to play Witcher 3 at Ultra with stable 40 fps and then see powerpoint presentation on low in Deliverance… :slightly_smiling:

Maybe with Beta the things will improve, I keep my fingers crossed.

I’m pretty sure that the beta will be more stable, but I would like a fix now. There is a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpv1BK1lves) where the game runs at 60fps with an GTX 980 so there has to be a solution…

Hello, I do not want someone gets bored here., :wink:
But a GPUz-Screenshot could help, perhaps…Play 5min and post a screenshot of the sensor tab…

Yes, but this was Alpha 0.1 with almost no content, and now it is Alpha 0.5 with a lot of features and no optimization.
Even the first beta will not be optimized, because the optimization starts with beta.

1 Like

Do you have SLI???
Your GPU is not really under full load…
Can you post the gpuz-info tab too?

1 Like

no, I only have one gpu

I Think there is somthing that slows down your GPU.
for example: GTX 980 Ti, i7 3770K, 16GB RAM. Massive performance drop & stuttering since 0.4. GPU usage does not exceed 45% (That is no solution for your Problem!)
This is how your sensor Tab should Looks like…

Any Problems with other games?

How is your monitor connected out of curiosity?

HDMI or DisplayPort

no, I don’t have a problem while playing other games

@Earl_Thorn I use DVI

Assuming your refresh rate on the monitor is at least 60Hz?

yes, it is exactly 60 Hz

So in theory you should definitely be able to achieve a FPS count of up to 60 frames.

I’m running an EVGA GTX 970 SSC, and using the DisplayPort 1.2 direct to my 28" Sammy. KCD is configured for 1920 x 1080 res, with High settings. And I’m hovering anywhere from 45 - 55 FPS on average.

My point being that with the 980 card, you should certainly be seeing these sorts of performance levels, if not greater *depending on available memory, processing capability etc.

I know, thats why I don’t understand it.

The issue is the game itself. It’s not actually utilizing 100% of the GPU. The next release is the beta, which will be soon? Things should improve between then and release of the game proper.

If there is no Energy porfile or another Programm (like FPS tool, GPU Tweaking) that causes the Problem
I think @Hound or @Woody should give this a look… 23 FPS for a GTX 980 is definitely not OK!

Hello @Aradiel . Strange. On every System I Saw the GPU util gets up to 99%…Well,… life is learning :smile:

Yeah the thing is, a friend of mine plays the game with around 60 fps on high setting with an gtx out of the 700-series…