Free Camera Mode

Is there a way to go around as a camera, I’d like to be able to get low and high shots with screen shots for thumbnails for my videos and for new sexy backgrounds.

1 Like

If there is it has not been shared publicly here so far. I would to do this myself.

Has WH shared any console commands?

No they have not, there are some commands that have been revealed by the community but nothing pertaining to camera functions other then Field of view.

I am atm testing some new codes, in some cases they do work, but 3rd-Person is not available atm, therefor you need a “patch/mod” to the engine, you can look through this topics in other games with Cry-engine, but as far as i know you need to know which engine runs and than edit it, and this info is not available to me atm… so i can’t say if any of these things are working :wink:

And some buggy 3rd person view: [wh_pl_NearZ XX] - for XX can be put negative or positive value.
(credit goes to @Shebang)

2 Likes

I’m reading Cryengine 3 tutorials atm to see if i can edit the current engine so that i have a good running 3rd Person mode…
and before any question comes up,if it runs i’ll send ascreenshot, but i wont post a TUT, cause if i’ll do, they’ll restrict it like they’ve done with the commandline,
and that’s not what i want to happen again, i’m even not providing them with anything in this topic things anymore, they’ve really gotten me angry, cause as i said, not even one single official statement, and therefore they won’t be respected by me anymore until this changes-you can talk to me, but doing things in my back is the baddest idea anyone can come up with!

You’re able to extract the alpha
or use reverse engineering on the executabgle or one of the dynamic link librarys?

I’m not going to answer as i said i’m not providing the dev’s with stuffing any kind of gap’s anymore when there are features effected that i want to have in this game :wink:

yes i know… for me it isn’t a real alpha testing too.
that’s the reason why i’m not longer so big hyped anymore.
I will contact Sir. Gibbed ask him about a extractor.
Got his phone number, email, street name, which city etc.
maybe good modders/coders from CryEngine Community can help us?!

Maybe mabe not, this game has still the chance to become great,but atm it is not really how an Alphatest should work…now these are more like gamefootages…or teasers

Yeah KCD changed the gamers scene a little bit
but they all have forgotten how such things will work correctly.
I’ve canceled my tests because i’m not the person
who can start a new game in the alpha again and again.

It is the same with game splashs from the actual alpha.
I’ve asked about one splash from the start screens
but i think i will get nothing from them!
Don’t know where all the wallpaper artists are!?
Something is going wrong with the PR. That’s boring.

@Warhorse_Studios
You know the history of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. alpha/beta times?
Everything was open and many users have fixed it more and deeply
than the developers ever did.

time to play Renegade X (Open Source opportunities) ;D

Guys calm your jimmies.

Here is an article describing differencies between Alpha and Beta testing.
From this article you can learn what alpha testing actually means.

Right now KCD is still in the phase of developement and Warhorse is trying to make it in time for release in next summer. I highly doubt that they have time (or will) to be concerned about wallpapers and such little things.

As to disabling some console commands.
I believe that it was because it could lead to players reporting bugs that were caused by command line. And that would just waste time.
Though some anouncement would be nice. But it is understandable that they dont want have people messing with their heavily unfinished game.

@ProkyBrambora: But that is not time be be fanboyish without constructive critizism… and i really know what the difference between an Alpha + Beta is… i’m atm and i’ve been in other Alpha’s… but they are all different from this one :wink:

@rataj: yeah S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a great example for Com-work… but as so many times, the dev’s don’t care and take the good parts…

If you see it like that I am sorry.

And i guess beta and alpha tests will be the same reuslt:

What’s wrong with being fanboyish? I have reported a few bugs and yet I am still extremely hyped for the game. I know it’s not perfect and it never will live 100% to my expectation but that is no reason for me not to want or like the game more.

Please explain how your other alpha where different?

Alphas usually fix the game breaking stuff while Betas fix the aesthetic and immersion side of things as well as exploits.

sorry i mean how it will be handled to community.
I only wanted to say, i hope we can get console commads in beta access.
We, as community can write a guide or better an FAQ to say people,
If you use console commands (or in mainstream, “cheats”)
Than you don’t need to report anything!
Because, they can cause bugs, glitchs, error, OoM, CtD’s, etc.

That’s why they should just be removed altogether in the alpha and beta period. If people are cheating then posting bugs that are impossible to recreate without the commands and forget to mention so they are wasting peoples time. Not to mention the developers shouldn’t have to waste time fixing bugs that aren’t a part of the original game.

1 Like

yes as i said but with time ppl will get them back!