Free optional high-res textures DLC when the game releases?

I don’t know how much Warhorse scales down the textures, they look good, but they could be a higher resolution.

It’s going to be 2015 soon. With the standard eventually sliding into 4K, and with newer video cards at a standard of 4GB of VRAM, Warhorse should think about a high-res FreeLC texture pack like Bethesda did for Skyrim.

Warhorse can make it an optional DLC as to not make the standard game install size too large for those who don’t want it. All of the PC enthusiasts have SSD’s and large caches of VRAM to make the experience smooth.

On a side note I would also recommend that Warhorse releases a benchmark at some point, so hopefully, each time there is a tech article about a new video card, KCD will be mentioned.

Thank you Warhorse studios for making this game, I am really looking forward to it. Good Luck!

7 Likes

nope, the texture quality is fine. just some of the props are a bit low quality, but that’s to be expected for obscure out of the way props

1 Like

Pre alpha? Do you even know what that means? Skyrim was released with squared wheels …

4 Likes

Any idiot knows it’s alpha. Since it is alpha, now is the time to make recommendations like this.

2 Likes

Nope for me. 4k is overkill, it will never be used as mainstream. We can scale up texture quality etc. but the resolution of human eye remains.

4 Likes

What’s wrong with the texture quality as is? It’s already higher than pretty much any other open world game that I can think of.

3 Likes

Or we can just wait for mods, like with skyrim?

I really like the idea, as I will be buying some new neat hardware near the release. Not at the cost of delaying the release, but it would be great to get this nonetheless.

Maybe it’s time to state again this game is made on a budget that is lower than most game studios spend on marketing. Sure your dollar will do more work in eastern Europe but don’t expect miracles, I am already extremely amazed by what they achieved so far.

5 Likes

That is somewhat true. However, I highly doubt that money is any real concern right now - with Warhorse’s main investor upping the stakes and the constant influx of new backers, time concerns are of more importance I think.

No please no… not the DLC tactics :’(

1 Like

4k is way to much realy overkill yes we do oredy have 4k tv and stuff but do you know how long it will taik till moost stuf is on 4k probely gona be on 2018 that day call at standert its olso cost alot of money and be a bad marketing if you whant to sell the game all over the world think of country like brasil and india that have alot of gamers but not alot with the cash we have

2 Likes

i’m certain some of the clothing textures are 4k. because you get this moire interference pattern when you view at mid distance due to the tiny details.

but no game right now uses totally 4k textures. always a mix. more popular today is 2k textures.

1 Like

I have a better sentence for it…
Someone can tell me which k resolution the real life has?! roll eyes
i don’t know ahy 4k looks more real than smaller sizes.

Well, it of course does look more real if implemented well. That said, you will appreciate it only using high resolution display or from close.

Real life has (almost) infinite resolution. But your eyes of course don’t. It is stated that best photographic lenses (Contax G Planar 45, Otus, new Summicron 50) can resolve about 150mpx. 135 film has about 8-12 mpx, 6x6 about 40mpx.

1 Like

I hope so. The textures are alright, but there is a lot more room for improvement. Personally I find it to be the one place where the visuals falter. It’s just in such a low resolution that I have to question how valid the claim that the bottleneck isn’t the console’s low memory.

by the end of 2015 4k will be the norm for PC , its an exciting time but its gonna be expensive .

my PC is fairly top end but with games such as assassins creed with their ridiculous system requirements i can feel me drooping to mid end :frowning:

by 2018 8K will be coming into play
samsung already have an 8K tv

that’s tv. people sitting normally at desk aren’t going to need 8k, nor 4k for that matter. 1280x1024 is optimal for most lcd desktop monitors.

also keep in mind a lot of that is just gimmicks for sports fans, superbowl, fifa. etc.

the texture quality is not fine ! no!

1 Like

Lol you necro a 3 year old thread, instead of using the multiple ones open for graphics.