Full Mail under plate?

Will we be able to wear a full mail Hauberk/Haubergeon and Chausses under plate? Or will we only be allowed a gambeson and trousers?

Yeah I believe they’ve said so. I mean they’re shooting for realism and mail was always worn under plate so…

jonny, are you serious?

1 Like

Here’s an armor chart. And if that wasn’t enough…

So yes, I think @JonnyMc was serious.

@poejjafers Here’s the answer to your question.

cherry picking=/=sound argument

just fyi

As far as I know plate an mail share the same spot. Yes, it was common to wear plate over mail, but I think you don´t will have the ability to wear a gambeson, mail and a plate.
So either mail or plate on top of a gambeson.

I don’t understand what am I being serious about?? 0_o

Thanks for the replies :smile:

That’s a shame (from a historical point of view)

Does anyone have a breakdown of all the inventory slots?

Alpha Build 0.3

a shame to have armor represented realistically and not the way every movie portrays it?

by the 15th century good plate armour did no longer require a full suit of mail under.
The gambeson had mail attached to it covering the areas that the plates do not cover… like armpits.
but there is no mail under the breastplate.(as you can see on the picture of the reenactor with the yellow/blue breastplate)

But that is naturally pretty expensive… So many soldiers would likely be using a mix of mail and plate… based on what they could get their hands on…

Mail chausses were still worn under sabatons and hauberk/ haubergeons were worn under the breast and backplate in 1404

Could you tell me what goes in each slot (it’s not readily apparent from the screenshot)?

This section appears to be for equip-able items for the head pertaining to helmets arming caps and neck jewelry.

Here it appears we have slots for your undershirt, arming gambeson, Torso Armor, Gloves/gauntlets, foot armor, and decorative clothing (hood/capes).

it appears in this section we have slots for Ranged weapons (bows/crossbows), active weapon, shield, ranged weapon ammo and hand jewelery.

Finally we have slots for your undergarment, leggings, shoes and leg armor.

The individual slot images change based on what is equipped.

Each section has a shield with a symbol showing what area the of the body the slots pertain to i.e. head, torso, hands, and lower body.

1 Like

Do we know what effects jewellery have?

I would think it’s a charisma kind of thing. Better looking jewelry, the more likely you’ll be treated better.

This is only a guess as Warhorse said that the clothing you wear will affect people’s reactions and respect towards you (plus reputation) as in:

Wearing shiny plate armor with a sword strapped to your side will make blacksmiths like you more.

Wearing noble clothes makes people find you more respectable and will think you’re well off.

Wearing peasant’s clothing (or ruined, stained, rusted, etc) clothing will make people think you’re just another nobody.

So what you wear will affect you just as much as what you do in the world (save or burn villages, kill or help random villagers from bandits, doing ‘‘quests’’ for the nobility, etc) Again, this is only a guess and the information Warhorse has given so far.

1 Like

In short: Probably. It’s 1403 so a full haubergon could be worn under the plate armor.

Any official word?

@warhorse

Let’s say: There are many thing you’ll be able to combine! :smiley:

Also naked with naked?

PS: I’ve seen some build with missing clothes, so there will be a nekkid grandma IN THE GAME!