Game crashes on loadup

Hello, I couldn’t find a fix to this in the threads I looked up. My game crashes on load up on the second screen where the controls are listed.

The game starts in windowed mode with the maximized button greyed out. I cannot seem to be able to change the resolution or access the graphic settings.

Attached is my Dxdiag. Thank you.

DxDiag.txt (34.6 KB)

@Woody and @hound here is some DxDiag, maybe you can find some useful info for you. :slight_smile:

I saw in your DxDiag.txt that you are using an AMD video card. Which driver did you install? If it’s the Radeon-Crimson driver you are experiencing the same problem i have with this driver, look into the Alpha 0.5 Bug Thread. Installing, for example, the older Catalyst Beta 15.11.1 driver solved the problem for me.

I will try that. How did you uninstall the driver? I tried applying the beta driver but the newest version is still active.

Thank you.

The Radeon-Crimson driver was easy to uninstall. I did it under windows system -> uninstall software(don’t know the exact english terms because my nativ language is german -> os language). After the reboot i installed the catalyst beta 15.11.1 and the game started without problem.

Good luck.

1 Like

Yep, seems like the issue we’ve been dealing with lately :wink: Let us know in case the solution advised by unwissend doesn’t help :smiley:

Do you know if this issue will be fixed?

Its kind of difficult having to reinstall and uninstall drivers while trying to play this and Rainbow Six.

Of course it will be fixed.
Beta version is comming out at the beginning of this year and guys in WH will be hard at work to make it playable for everyone.

But unfortunately the Driver problem is also an issue of cooperation between two companies (WH and NVidia), and it might take a while before it is fixed.
So, have faith!

A post was merged into an existing topic: ►Beta 1.0 Bug List (serious bugs)