Game crashing/Quest frozen

Hi all, I have fought someone and taken a letter I am supposed to give to a gal, however when I see her on the map I cannot talk to her. Additionally the game is freezing every 3-5 minutes. I realize it’s an alpha release but didn’t know if anyone had any suggestions before I reinstall the game.

thanks!

did you load a savegame or did this happen after you started a new game?

1 Like

Exactly as @YuusouAmazing says. If you are using “continue” feature you can expect frequent crashes.

Also the quest you are talking about. I played the game several times and I was not able to complete it. But many of guys here said that the quest can be completed,
I suggest that you start a new game and try again.

But new alpha should come out soon and these issues might not be present then.

2 Likes

this was loading a saved game (using the continue button)

Alpha 0.4 is the first build with a save system, unfortunately its still buggy and commonly gets corrupted.

It is possible to complete the quest (not sure how many ways work, but there is more then one route) but its strongly suggested that you start the Quest on a fresh save (sucks I know but its growing pains).

The route I took to complete this quest was to lock pick the chest the deed is stored in. In the encampment there is chest next to the Archery area (the log target side) If you face this chest and turn around you should see another almost parallel to the one your inf front of, this is the chest that the deed gets placed into.

It is not always in there, I don’t know exactly what time its placed but if its not there when you pick the lock just do some sword fighting and check back every so often.