Game crashs GTX 960 4GB

There is a long standing, known issue with save games failing to load after some amount of playing… in the current state there is nothing you can do short of restarting at an earlier point in the game to work aroundit, nor will there be a fix for this issue until the final game is delivered according to the developer.

War Horse have assured us that the save/load system has been completely rewritten, but they will not release any patches to this thing they call a “beta”, which is more like an early alpha/ tech demo in reality. They have also not announced a release date. possibly because they’ve already missed the initial release date by what …about 2 years at this point?

i got the game today and the first time i lunched it it did this so it cant be from a save game because i never saved the game only later after trying to get it to work i tried saving the game before it crashed note i can play for about 30 secs before it crashes so again it cant be the save thing even when i deleted the save game i still got this problem i have also tried running the game in window, borderless window and fullscreen running in different compatibility modes restarting my pc everything still wont work by the way thankyou for trying to help if you have any other ideas let me know

hmm, Have you tried reducing the resolution of textures and the game window?

yeah i have ill try lowering them both to as low as they go

how much free memory do you have before you start running?

i have 44.1GB on my HDD

by the way when i say crash i mean not responding
i lowered the setting all the way down and also the resolution and still keeps doing it i also read that the game uses more then 4GB of vram when you run textures above medium so i made sure they where at low also

hear is a link to a video i made showing what happens

1 Like

Thank you, we will take a look at the issue. It is better to not touch the advanced settings in the Beta, this can be the cause of the crash.

when i got the game i left everything the way it was and i got the same problem
it may be a problem with the GTX960 cards not working with the game if you can see if that may be effect as well that would be awesome i just really wanna play and help with feedback on helping the game come out :slight_smile:

Maybe you could try to update your graphic card driver? The GTX960 should not be a problem at all.

i updated it today i have the latest driver so that shouldn’t be a problem

i just opened up the game after deleting the save files and still nothing ill have to re download the game my net did disconnect when i was downloading so that might have no downloaded something properly i realy didnt want to have to re download it though because i live in Australia and my down is 400Kbs

1 Like

I bet on RAM :о) With my 16gig i’m also have crashes, but its not so soon after start the game.
Doubt about video. I played with 970, 970sli, 1080. Did’t see the difference.

i dont think its ram because my friend has this game and is running with 8GB aswell he crashes after about 1-2 hours

also if i leave the game on the start screen for about just over 1mins it also crashes

Having less than 100GB free is kind of little. I had many times problem that games were lagging and crashing because of not freeing more space. Game is unofficially recommended with 16GB RAM. GTX 960 is one of the low end graphics minimum for game but I saw people playing game with that though lagging a little.

i have re installed the game and made more the 150GB of free space on my HDD and nope still doing it and the ram thing yet again my mate has this game and he can play with 8GB of ram so i dont know what the problem is her is there a way i can get a refund if the full game doesn’t work because im not going to be able to play the beta the way its acting now

This is not a SMS text chat. Please use Upper letters!
Use point (.) at end of sentences. Use comma (,) too, Thanks!
It’s a imposition to read your text!

O.K. first try my tips, see here: Perfomance Issues

sorry about the bad grammar i was never tort to read or right i have tort myself over the years.
with the problem of the game though im going to wait till its out

1 Like