Game unplayable support no answer need refund

PC Version.
I have been asking for days now on both here, support, reddit and other places and not a single person has helped and no answer from support. This will force me to ask for a refund.

Soon as I start the game, it crashes, does not even get to the cryengine screen…

Other people have had same issues. Start game and it stops responding / working.

I backed this game and company from the beginning and waited years like everyone else and can not even play, I expect issues at launch but the communication SUCKS.

Did you try reinstalling it?

Yes. 10 charssssssssss

Do you use pc or console?

can you post your specs?

PC as I already stated.

PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
IIYAMA E2473HDS 24" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080
i5 3570-k (not OC)
SPIRE GEMINI REV.3-THERMAX HDT TWIN FAN CPU COOLER
NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller / 5 Fitted Case Fans
16GB DDR3 RAM
Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
Asus 1070TI 8GB STRIX Advanced Edition
Kingston Hyper3K 250 GB SSD (OS)
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB (Games)
1TB HDD (Backups)
P8Z77-V Deluxe
750W TX750 V2-80 PLUS BRONZE

Damn… I was expecting you to say something like windows 98, duel core cpu and built in graphics. I’m sorry that you’re facing such a problem when you have a beast of a system friend.

It’s a 5yr old CPU is the only bottleneck really. I kept the system upgraded since 2012. Thrashes everything still at 1080 res. Recently upgraded from 8GB to 16GB memory and from a 2GB GTX 670 to a 8GB 1070ti plus an extra 500gb 850 EVO SSD. Upgraded mostly so can keep testing Star Citizen which is why I got into KCD and backed this game.

It’s still a beast man. The cpu wouldn’t even be that much of a bottleneck. It’s still better than my fx 6300
I really wish you could play this game. It’s a damn shame since you’re a backer too.

I have a similar CPU i5 3470
For me its no problem to run it but I’ve seen many people who cant even start the game
There will be a Hotfix maybe tomorrow (depends how fast Steam will approve it)
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/patchnotes/42808/3

but I dont think it will solve the startup issue
You can report it to support@kingdomcomerpg.com
the more reports about this issue the better.

I tried contacting support many times and no answer. Also i see on beta testing this issue has been going on for a year for some people and was never resolved???

1 Like

they have more than 15000 mails, community manager said 5 digits - maybe even more by now
But they will read the Bug-Mails and the more they have the higher the priority to fix. They probably wont answer to Bug-Reports atm
I guess that this problem is known to the developers and they will fix it
its your choice to get a refund or just wait some more days and see if something changes or if someone has a solution

Hello
Please try to download the 2015 version of vcredist
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
It might help.

I’d just push for refund because if I’m honest the game is nowhere near finished and apparently it ends without actually finishing the story so it’s set up for number 2.

there will be a second part like they always said there will be

1 Like

Finally fixed it :slight_smile:

Awesome I hope you’re enjoying man :metal: